How to use Daemonettes - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to use Daemonettes

I have a unit of 20 daemonettes that sit on my shelf gathering dust - i have not had much luck with these as i mostly play skink infested leezard armies. Although their being nekkid is cool from an artistic / fluff point of view, it definitely does blow against arrow, blowguns, javelins and everything else that is thrown, chucked or lobbed.

Now, the mounted daemenottes on the other hand (6 of them) come in very handy to support my knights or kill warmachines. Their speed somehow seems to compensate for their frailty.

Do you use unmounted Daemonettes? Why or why not? What is the best way to use these?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my mate has an unbeaten slannesh army

it consists of 2 units of 20 demonettes

5 mounted demonettes and a chariot and (demon prince im not sure what it is)

and 3 pleasureseekers

hope it helps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would you get killed by skinks? allign your daemonets so they charge the skinks, you will lose 3-5, then the skinks are easy to kill. Afterwords overun into another unit of skinks, as per the alligning thing.
    Float like a butterfly, Sting like a bee!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x2)

I use Daemon Princes as Generals in all four of my Chaos Hordes (Daemonic-led "Hordes" from the army book, as opposed to "Legions") which means I can field any number of Daemonic units. I prefer to use a couple of plain Chaos Warrior units with MoS as Special choices (they're the bait) and several units of ten Daemonettes on foot as flankers and unit-busters. Ten is the minimum number, they move quite fast, have multiple attacks and also cause Fear, which usually means very few experienced players will waste time charging them with small (fast cav for example or skirmishers) or low-Ld units, leaving them rushing about the battlefield doing their thing. They become something to watch, leaving you free to do something nasty elsewhere, much like High Elves. One unit of twenty is perhaps too many as they are fragile and won't usually survive being hit hard, and two of fifteen definitely isn't right because you don't have enough ranks for a big fight. Several units of ten however I believe to be just right-a medium unit strength and two attacks each-just right for my plan anyway.

Mounted Daemonettes I think are compulsory in my list as they do exactly what the unmounted ones do, but much better! The key to a successul Slaanesh army IMHO is speed and not numbers. You only need two ten-daemon uinits and some mounties, then fill out with hard mortals as tarpits. No need to go chosen, as with MoS they go first in combat and their HW/Shield/Heavy Armour combo will give them a nice 3+ save on the cheap.

Don't forget that here in the "UK" we can't use Storm of Chaos lists for competitive play any more, so we're limited to the Hordes book in case somebody wants to start shouting about using Daemonic Legions!

Hope this helps.
    Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he can rob the world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adamwelton View Post
    Mounted Daemonettes I think are compulsory in my list as they do exactly what the unmounted ones do, but much better! The key to a successul Slaanesh army IMHO is speed and not numbers. You only need two ten-daemon uinits and some mounties, then fill out with hard mortals as tarpits. No need to go chosen, as with MoS they go first in combat and their HW/Shield/Heavy Armour combo will give them a nice 3+ save on the cheap..

If your talking about knights, they get 2+ armor save, but the chaos warriors do indeed get 3+.
    Float like a butterfly, Sting like a bee!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x2)

Yep. I was referring to the Warriors' combo-no need for expensive Chosen when you have a 3+ save anyway and a Champ in the front line. More points for Banners and Marks IMHO. Daemonettes (and all lesser daemons) make excellent "bodyguards" as they can prevent march-blocking and often stop low-Ld chargers smashing them and/or their "parent" unit by Fear alone. Incidentally I was wrong about the MoS allowing you to go first in combat-it's been a while!

I find Knights only useful when accompanied by a "bodyguard" unit (as above) of Fast Cav or similar, like Mounted Daemonettes. Knights pack a punch but don't always win combat, nor are they particularly quick, so if you use Fear-causing daemons with their 5+ Save, you can't really go wrong.

Against Skinks-as I mentioned below, you could field a big unit of Warriors as bait, then use your fast-moving Daemonettes for scare tactics. I used this well against a friend earlier this year, only losing my daemons to mass Poisoned attacks in the end. By then I had chased most of his Skinks off the table. He had nobody left who would go near the Warriors, so we called it a draw. Great stuff.

I might post my Slaanesh list just for the feedback-it hasn't seen action under seventh ed, so things may have changed in the last eighteen months.
    Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he can rob the world.

+ Reply to Thread