Votes: 29 42.0%
  • Chaos Sorcerer and Exalted Sorcerer

Votes: 40 58.0%

Bray Shamen or Chaos Sorcerers?

3K views 19 replies 19 participants last post by  Hashulaman 
#1 ·
I vote for bray shamen ;Y

#3 ·
As much as i love my beasts, generally I think Fire is a better lore than Beasts, and also the Sorcerers come with Chaos Armour and dont have to buy it from Magic items. No doubt the braystaff is a cool weapon though, if it was a coolness vote I'd go the other way.

#4 ·
if it was a coolness vote I'd go the other way.
I dont know about that.

I voted chaos sorcerer, for the reasons already stated and because i genuinely think they are the better of the two for their coolness factor,

Picture it, a giant of a man in black armour that writhes in arcane symbols (which he can wear and still cast spells, :) ) shooting fire from his hands!! Cool!

I have always had a preference for the mortal, human followers of chaos as well.

Regards

#5 ·
i vote for the shamans, because:
-they're cheaper
-you can put them in beast herds.
the primary advantage is that if you field the sorcerors in warriors units, they will get involved in cc and possibly be killed - instead some cheap herds full of ungors, should keep the shamans safe from shooting and stay away from combat. if the herds are engaged in cc, some gors will make it a fair combat. if you buy the crown of horns it will aid the entire herd; or if you buy the chaos armour, even better, the shaman will be able to fight back, especially if he's got the lore of beasts.
-the lore of beasts is imo better than fire, because it can turn the tide of battles. the bear's anger grants any mage the possibility to survive and win a fight, the hunter's spear is a ballista shot (wonderful in a chaos army), and other two spells are also good: the one that makes you do an extra move for charge or the one that blocks the movement of an enemy animal (imagine this cast on a heavy cavalry unit that gets subsequently charged)

cheers;)

#6 ·
I agree, I have come to like the lore of beasts more and more recently. The fact remains, however that Bray Shamans and Chaos Sorcerers perform different roles. I would have to say, though, that the bray shaman is more versatile and cheaper, so just going on that I pick him.

#7 ·
totally depends on the situation and the army you are fielding. I really don't think they compare well together. As far as points for my buck, the Chaos sorceror will always be more effective. They have better stats, come with Chaos Armor, can be mounted have access to Fire lore. Their leadership isn't pitiful. I could go on and on. But in an all beast army, where would you put a chaos sorceror? You would have to take knights or marauders or something.

#9 ·
I vote for the chaos sorceror.
I have a tzeentch army and I have 15-17 power dices in a 2500 points army so I need the raw power of the lore of fire to burn my enemy. I don't need the sorceror to fight (I have the tzeentch paladins for this porpouse) so the lore of beast is a waste all the time.
I like the lore of fire even more than the lore of tzeentch!!!

#11 ·
Well, I'm a big sucker for diversity. In almost all of my lists now days I have at least one of each.

I think if they remodeled the bray I would probobaly use them much more often. Those models are hidious, where as the chaos sorcs are very cool.

All in all I voted for bray mainly for the new beast lore and running him with the crown in the herd.

#12 · (Edited)
Locked on the ground that I really, REALLY don't like people bumping month old threads to the top of the forum by taking part in an old vote.

#16 ·
I chose bray shamans. True that the sorcerers have better stats and can have more but I just love the beast lore. I used it once against an army of night goblins (true they were just night goblins) but the bears anger was cast on himself which gave him extra attacks, higher strength, and increased toughness. Now he got to strike first in combat and whipped their butts in cc and he was by himself. He would kill enough for no attacks back and held up the large unit for the game. Yes he is in cc for the game and unable to cast spells but that is what i had my second shaman for, and he held out for the game and kept the sides clear from flanks. A cheap "warrior" to help with tying up units.

#17 ·
I voted Chaos Sorcerer, for many of the stated reasons. Chaos Armor, Lore of Fire which IMO is far more useful than beasts. While i think the concept of a beastman casting magic is cool. Practiallity goes to the Chaos Sorcerer.

#19 ·
first off the beast shaman can also have the lore of slaanesh, and yes it is crazy good when used effectively.

Each can do different things. As the hordes of mortals are all about killing the heck out of stuff with big expensive units which the sorcerer is good at, while the beasts have to outflank and outmanouvre the enemy, the shaman helps them do this. So each does it's job in it's own army.

But all in all I voted for the Bray Shaman because mine rocks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.