Marauder convertions for a Nurgle army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marauder convertions for a Nurgle army

Greetings!

One of the last units I need to complete for my Nurgle mortals army is a huge block of 25 marauders. And after taking a look at the models in the armybook and a closer look at the model sprues I'm not pleased at all.. I really don't like the models one bit. And I would hate spending all that time painting 25 of them. Therefore I've concluded I'll have to convert every last model , or find a suitable replacement that will fit in with a few changes and the right paintjob..

Like I said, I really don't like the marauder models. I think their hugely oversized muscles and stances are poorly modelled, and so I don't want to base my convertions on the marauder models (like the Nurgle marauders in the armybook).

As an old fan of the Zombie regiment box, I've considered simply making the unit from zombies with their variaty of hand weapons and fitted with marauder shields (those are actually ok ) and then paint them in the same colours as the rest of my army..

I've already used zombie models as pulling "beasts" for my 2 nurgle chariots, so they wouldn't look totally out of place..

Anyways, what do you think of this idea? And also I'd love any other clever ideas of how to create the unit.

Thanks for reading!

Regards.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like marauders either.
    I was thinking about using some dark elf cav, or heavily converted wood elf cav, for Khorne army.

I just need to file that pointy ears, he, he..
    anyone tried that before?
    Last edited by Yarrek; September 21st, 2007 at 07:51.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just looked in some Iron Man magazine and some other, can't remember the name. It looks like GW is not that far from the reality. Some of the body builders today have even more muscles than Marauders! They've got more definition, but Marauders came from a cold place, so some fat is ok.
    Well, maybe the models should look this way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its not that I think the Marauders look unrealistic in their proportions. But I just don't like the models. I'd prefer infantry made of wee rotting farmers with simple handweapons and an old rusted shield (zombie conversions) to the standard issue Marauder for my Nurgle army.

The zombies are great models to convert and my best bid so fare..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    117 (x3)

For wee rotting farmers I'd suggest combining the zombie parts with the new plastic flagellants :happy:
    It ain't easy bein' green... :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahh! The new plastic flagellants.. How could they have slipped my mind? The robes could be fitted really well into the Nurgle theme with the right paint job and a few zombie details..

Cheers mate! :-D

+ Reply to Thread