Hellcannon useless?? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hellcannon useless??

Hi! i just got an hellcannon cause it looks quite nice. just thinking if its a 2000pts game against O&G and i play Tzeentch? just that it cost almost 300pts i really dont like the charge thing but i may just be wrong but it causes panic and got great CC and great range!
    well i would be happy if you gave me any tips!

// The Slayer from Pjätteryd

Last edited by Cyric the Mad; November 21st, 2007 at 17:13. Reason: Obscured points cost

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Ive never actually faced one before, but thank god! From general opinions it is one of the best warmachines in fantasy, Large Template damage and high S. Also it can fend off an assault from most common anti warmachine units.
    Assuming your Tzeeentch characters take up most of your points as usual, the it may seem like it will hurt your army size wise, but its only adding to the ranged damage you can do.
    Best advice i can give is to play test it, see what you think and how it works for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK. sound good i havent tried it but i may try it and see how good it is it think i could take put goblins easy with it. their LD arent so super high8X thanks for the little tip
    Blood for the Blood God!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ehehe against goblins it will be overkill!

I used the cannon in a tzeentch magic-heavy list against a shooty empire.

It was awfully disappointing: i always made correct and perfect guessing, but i was always cheated by the scatter dice...i never managed to kill one model with it...not one.

Anyway, the cannon served as a scroll caddy, and a major distraction for enemy artillery.

So i can't say it was completely useless, but i warn you that if you're not lucky you will never hit what you want, and potentially can slay your very precious troops. So on the advanced turns you could likely push it forward into cc. Watch it bite

Nevertheless, against O&G one precise shot of hellcannon can set the antire army on flight, so it would be a nice tryout game. ;Y
    Cheers!
    It's better, it's shiny, it's warped...it's Chaos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehe that match most have gone crazy the O&G player im facing likes to go for a really compact army (everyone stands next to each other unit near) so if i place a marker in the middle it will hit anyway almost thats real s***

naughty naughty, mind the language on the forums if you don't mind. - Arklite your friendly bearded mod
    Last edited by Arklite; November 21st, 2007 at 19:49.
    Blood for the Blood God!

Blood & Souls for Khaine! flameseeker574's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Against the army you have described the hellcannon should be a huge carnage causer, so I would try it out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

I have experience in this exact field, I play a 2k army with one, and I love it. Ive played against empire and have had awsome results

It was awfully disappointing: i always made correct and perfect guessing, but i was always cheated by the scatter dice...i never managed to kill one model with it...not one.
    You know you can reroll the scatter dice, don't you?? I guess it is the demon's malign intellect. If not, that to me was one of the most crucial parts about it. Sent my friends Knights of the Inner Circle running after I made 4 of them into steaming chaotic mush.....

My advice is also to try it out, you may find that you dont like it.

Ota
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

If your enemy has some scouts or cheap flyers, he/she can move them near HC a sacrifice them. Your expensive HC will be killing cheap guys and vaste his points.
    My skinks hold HC for 3 rounds (10 skinks and 3 teradons).
    Ota

English?
    ... try Czech language ;-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're quite right Ota, but i think that the HC could break through skirmishers easily.
    So it could even get to the middle of the table in a couple of turns and become an effective cc unit.

So i don't know: it may be an advantage for the chaos player...for instance, i think the cannon is a wonderful cc unit and would be pleased to charge with it
    It's better, it's shiny, it's warped...it's Chaos.

+ Reply to Thread