Daemonettes? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Daemonettes?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    110 (x4)

Daemonettes?

I've got 25 Daemonttes mounted on 40k bases for 40k games, but I realized I could have them magnitized to be mounted on the fantasy square bases if I want to use them.

Question is, are they worth it in the fantasy game? They seem to be really weak, perhaps the weakest daemon in the game? Bloodletter gets armour save and the capability of taking full commands; Plague Bearers have puke attack and poison attacks; Horrors have magic... What do the Daemonettes get, an useless -1 Leadership aura in combat? Am I missing something?

Anima Tactics - try it out!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

117 (x3)

In Fantasy, their role is more of a supportive unit, although that goes for basically all demon infantry (unless you're playing daemonic legion lists).
    They shouldn't charge all alone (although against toughness3 enemies with low or no armour it might work) but always together with another unit which actually wins CR (I personally prefer to do it with a nice block of Marauders, at least 20 models strong, maybe accompanied by an Aspiring or Exalted Champion)
    So the main issue of the Daemonettes is just to bring the extra -1 to leadership tests once the enemy is broken.
    So I rather field them in small units (usually the minimum of 10)

But I agree their special ability is a bit weak compared to what the other daemons get (heck, even Horrors do better, at least they don't have to get into CC)
    Last edited by Orkbert; November 25th, 2007 at 08:06. Reason: added stuff
    It ain't easy bein' green... :-)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Orkbert View Post
    But I agree their special ability is a bit weak compared to what the other daemons get (heck, even Horrors do better, at least they don't have to get into CC)
    Their main advantages are their M5 (always useful) and two attacks. They're the fastest non-BoC infantry Chaos has, so are pretty good for getting in and dealing out some pain. Their fragility is what gets them into trouble.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

110 (x4)

I mainly play Wood Elves (and I've just been playing Fantasy for no longer than 3 months), I like the idea Orkbert presented here... could these cheeky daemons be the Chaos variant of Wood Elves Dryads without the Skirmisher rule? Use them for screens and taking cannon shots etc.
    Anima Tactics - try it out!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

117 (x3)

For a screen they are a bit expensive points-wise and lacking the toughness of dryads makes them more vulnerable (not to mention the lack of a skirmisher formation which means no extra -1 on shooting)
    Though they wouldn't panic which might be useful from time to time (even chaos undivided might botch a re-rollable test on ld9 )

So I'd rather recommend Chaos Hounds or the odd Beast Herd for screening purposes.
    It ain't easy bein' green... :-)

+ Reply to Thread