Tzeentch Lord on Dragon or Disk? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tzeentch Lord on Dragon or Disk?

For a Tzeentch army, is putting the lord on a dragon worth the points, or is a disc going to be the better choice?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x5)

Well, i would say with the Golden Eye, theyre both good. But a Dragon in 2k points means the game revolves around it. A lot.
    omgitsduane:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Archnomad
    Well I picked up my first model when I was 7.

I misunderstood that... ALOT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

If i did a Tzeentch army, id just have to go with a Dragon. So long as i could fine a decent models for it though, all the GW ones look far to oriental and serpant like.
    The Disc isnt a bad choice though if you want to fill all 3 slots with Magic able Heros. In the end, i guess it all comes down to how you want the army to look and what you want to include elsewhere. A Dragon does take up an awful lot of your points, limiting you elsewhere. But, if you want it to be the centerpoint of your army, then its not a bad centerpiece to go with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even at 2500/3000 points, fielding a tzeentch lord on dragon (800 points) is a severe restriction on your approach to the game.

First of all he must be able to survive shots and magic, (remember that 3+ is not ALWAYS, but 2/3, which usually leaves 1/3 possibility to be killed by a cannonball).

Then you must be sure that he does not get involved in useless combats against unbreakable units, and that he does not go out of the table pursuing.

So, it's not a bad choice to field a dragon in a tzeentch army, it's just a matter of knowing what you're doing: i'd say the dragon is useful against low-leadership armies like skaven or O&G, and against armies with few models; but it's completely useless against undead armies or empires full of flagellants and priests.

Fly on the wings of change!8Y
    It's better, it's shiny, it's warped...it's Chaos.

Watcher In The Sky Beardy_Wierdy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

127 (x4)

Definately depends on the size of the army in question.

I would leave off on the dragon until past 3000 points, when giving it Tzeentch I like having the extra spellslinger in normal sized games.

Of course dragons ARE big scary and can rip apart many many things....hmm

Ah, flip a coin.
    The name refers to facial hair, not playing style.

Quote Originally Posted by A news vendor's stand, London, June 1940
    French sign peace treaty: we're in the finals!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like he said above, it's a huge point sink. I probably wouldn't in a tourny, but for playing with buddies... bust it out and have fun.

A legend in my own mind.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

If its well over 2,000 points then go for the dragon. I tried a tzeentch lord on a dragon. After gear it was like 500-600 points. Not good for a 2k game, then again if you are against units that scare easily you can rely on the terror/fear tests your opponent has to take and scare his troops off the board. Or if you are a gambling person, you can use the dragon as bait. Your opponent will usually try to take the dragon out first. Which means less heat on your other units.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

131 (x5)

I personally like the disc better. I think the model is just awesome and its a smaller points sink than a dragon (I can run upwards of 1100-1300 points on characters in a Tzeentch list @ 2k points).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has Any one got any pictures of a Chaos lord on a dragon? I dont mind what God they are with, just would like to see one Thinking of making one myself.

Jamie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think GW has one. I use the Galrauch dragon and the chaos hero with the chain on his arm.

But even at 2000 the lord on the disc will be 25% of your army before any other heros.

You might want to try and work in 4 spawns. Just the basic will work and save points but the biggest thing it will do is give you 4 drops. So you can see where the enemy is going to deploy so you can get the most out of deployment. Because you are going to have high cost units and you will not have that many. This will give you something to work with.
    Also they are great for drawing fire, holding a unit still,and they are unbreakable.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast