Marauders: upgrades useful? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x1)

Marauders: upgrades useful?

I'm thinking of using marauders for my khorne force so i can offset their high pts cost with ranks and banners. is it worth light armor and shield upgrades? and i want 20 per unit so should i give them full command?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    117 (x3)

Basically: Yes! Light armor and shields are almost always worth it (unless your opponent fields 2 or more units with handguns or similar stuff). The Same goes for the full command group.
    Well, a unit champion is only needed for units which will be joined by characters, but standard bearers and musicians are almost a must for those units. Especially if you're going to make them 20 strong (the aim is passive CR, so get all you can )
    It ain't easy bein' green... :-)

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

For Marauders, HW/S/LA in large units, and with FC is the best combo for them. They are there for Static Res, and numbers and an ok save make them quite good as support units for your more killy stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In general terms i agree completely:
    go for shield, light armour and full command for static resolution, while flanking warriors or accompanying heroes provide the kills.
    (one setup of this kind that i tried is a unit of 30 marauders, with a tzeentch BsB in it who bears the blasted standard: in the right situation this unit is very durable and provides a safe harbor for the battle standard)

If you're against armor piercing and/or S4 shooters then it could be more useful to equip them with flails and screen them (maybe with ungors -or eventually hounds/furies).
    That way you have units that provide both static resolution and "some" kills (marauders have have Ws4...imagine a unit of marauders equipped with flails that has luxurious torment cast upon)8X
    It's better, it's shiny, it's warped...it's Chaos.

I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

I eqquip mine with handweapons, flails, shields, light armour and full command. I then get a lot of flexibility for what I pay for. If I am charging I use the flails, if I am being charged I use the handweapons and shields.

JvK :happy:
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x1)

hmmm...Jared, don't you think that's a bit expensive for a unit that's supposed to have dirt cheap models?

+ Reply to Thread