A use for Furies and the like. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A use for Furies and the like.

So, fairly hacked off at the loss of Furies from my army I considered how to use them.

Not having a lot of available cash I disregarded turning my attentions to a Daemon army, I simply didn't have the resource or time. I did, however want to make the most of what I had. With no furies or daemons of any kind in the new list and upcoming army book I looked at what similar units remained and where to draw comparisons.

What are Furies?
    Fast, lightly armed and armoured combat unit.
    What do we use them for?
    March blocking and warmachine hunting.

What else does this?
    Marauder horsemen.

Ok, so they're not as fast as Furies, they have larger bases and they don't skirmish. Nevertheless, what I am doing is to glue them onto cavalry bases as a 'counts as' unit.
    Fluffwise I can support it. We still have Daemon Princes. They can have a retinue of lesser daemons, or they could be summoned by a Sorcerer.
    Now personally I don't like the total exclusion of Daemons from the mortal hosts, so I'm not going to conform. Rules-wise they comply in terms of base size, and they will be used entirely as Marauder Horsemen, probably with either Spears or Flails, maybe one of the ranged weapons and say it's bolts of Daemonic energy a la Flamers. They will simply not use the models.

In a similar vein I have a Greater Daemon of Tzeentch bought years ago and painted when I got the urge to do it. I shall be fielding it as a Daemon prince. As before, same base size, a Daemon Prince is a big scary flying daemon thing, as is the Lord of Change. I see no problems.

Have any of you done anything similar?
    Would any of you object to playing against such a force?
    How would it be viewed in a tournament?
    Do any other matchups spring to mind?
    Am I just a cheapass spawny git?

Invisible Toast.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x3)

Unless your opponent was in some type of WYSIWYG Nazi party I don't see why they would have a problem with Furries on cavalry bases = Marauder Horsemen. I havn't done anything like that before but i will be soon for my chaos spawn. Other match ups like the tzeentch daemon for a prince should be fine also. And I can't say if you're a cheapass spawny git or not because i've never met you.

LO's thread lurker warhammer madman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x2)

i would agree but there are natzis out there! i use skeletal steeds to repusent barded chaos steeds and people seem to have a problem with it!!! i also use demons to pull my charriots each counting as a pair of barded chaos steeds and every time i get them out of my case my frend (who i play alot) says " your not allowed demons in a worriors of chaos army!" where are peoples imaginations!

_ sorry about rant _

if i played your army of furries horcemen i wouldnt care so go ahead!
    click>the warhammer world needs you!<click

If someone helps you REP them...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x3)

Hah yeah i have the daemon chariot also! We share an army from different nations Warhammer madman.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Latest cheeky substitution:

My Horrors are how based up on 40mm X 40mm bases in groups of three to be used as 'Spawn'.
    Think swarms of nurglings but bigger and more random.
    /me = chuffed.
    Invisible Toast.

LO's thread lurker warhammer madman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x2)

mmm...

cool i have no prob with proxy(ish) minis but dont over do it (people only take somuch proxying befor being annoyed) i once proxyed a ushabiti as a spawn (while i was bussy converting my current one) and if people had a problem i didnt play them

as i say i realy dont care i once played a game against a vampire counts army who were "riseing" from there graves some were half minis the rear ranks were just flocked baces!!
    click>the warhammer world needs you!<click

If someone helps you REP them...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hehehe i love to see that other people use proxies as well..... ive been using my greater daemon of nurgle as a beast of nurgle for awhile, and my daemon prince has been a keeper of secrets every now and then too. Also, i just have 10 horses which i use at different times for knights, marauders, and chariot horses... (im really just too behind in my painting to have finished the chaos knights )

+ Reply to Thread