First finished squad ever - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First finished squad ever

Hey everyone. just thought id post pics of the first squad i ever finished, assembling and painting. I didnt want to do too much detail on them cause they were mainly practice so i could get a feel for painting. But i was pretty pleased with them. Pretty basic but here are the pics I tried to unify the squad by having the left shoulder pads gold and the right ones chainmail. I didnt use any washes or inks on them cause they were only basic practice.

Chaos Warriors

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope i didnt post in the wrong section too. if i did, plz let me know

LO's thread lurker warhammer madman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x2)

move it to the painting section (i cant...).
    but nice first regiment good practice i like the old chaos worriors but they were such a pain to rank up!!!
    click>the warhammer world needs you!<click

If someone helps you REP them...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spot on!
    I also love the old Chaos Warriors. I've got about 50 of them, although I used coloured armour with metallic trim.
    The beauty of what you've done is that you have perfectly good tabletop play standard miniatures which, when your confidence/time allows can be treated to a re-vamp with washes which will look tres nifty.
    I don't know how experienced a painter you are, so this may be stuff you know already, but I have good results washing metallics as follows:

Silver(Boltgun metal, Chainmail, Mithril silver) - Watered down chaos black
    Shining Gold - flesh wash
    Brazen Brass - Brown wash.
    Invisible Toast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im deffinately a novice when it comes to painting. But i have some inks and know how to use them somewhat. Thanks for the tips on the colors and washes, i'll deffinatley be keeping it in mind when i return to those bad boys. I love the style of the chaos as well. Kind of a bummer how often the redo the model and the army books. But i guess that's just business

Oh...it seems when i use my Blood Red, its a bit more runny than the other colors. What should I do to make it a little thicker? Do i just have to do multiple layers or add other colors?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice squad!! If thats your first try at a full regiment its a really good start. Your painting is neat and tidy, brush control is good and the colours dont look to thick. What you could do if your having problems wit the blood red is first base cote the area with GW foundation red (i forget its name, think its mecharite) then work up to blood red from there as the foundation colour will give a nice even basecoat. Cool to see some clasic warriors around!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you : ) Awesome idea. I'll have to try that. Heheh and how classic are these warriors? I dont remember when i got them, but i bought 2 regiments.. lol as you can see my ex-gf poached on one of the finished ones

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    248 (x4)

The old warriors do have a sort of charm to them. Sometimes I wish I hadn't sold off all of mine. That's a nice looking first unit!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jugo963 View Post
    Thank you : ) Awesome idea. I'll have to try that. Heheh and how classic are these warriors? I dont remember when i got them, but i bought 2 regiments.. lol as you can see my ex-gf poached on one of the finished ones
    I think they are about 8 years old, something like that. I had a regiment of these about that long ago but with a metal standard top and metal halberds and i always prefered the weapons you have on yours.

I agree there is alot of character in these mini's and the multipart kits made them very flexible. Just a case of getting them to all stand in base to base contact that was always a challenge lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x3)

They look great!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast