New Chaos Worriors - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow...

Just got a box of new Chaos Worriors. THe shop I go too opened up a box of the New Chaos Army set and sold the boxes individually....I got one...The new worriors are the best I have ever seen. Lots of ways to build them and man are they awsome looking! The new Chaos cannon is neat too.

B

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Billymou:

I just got my box yesterday. While I agree that the new Warrior design is a LOT better looking than the old hunch-back Warriors I can't see how there are that many ways of building them.

Because of the new design the conversion possiblities are very weak. Plus the fact that the arms, or should I say forearms, attach at the elbow there isn't much variety of posing the weapons.

Beyond that, the box only comes with hand weapons and shields. There are enough bitz so you can give them shields OR extra hand weapons. However, when compared to the description and statline information in the Hordes of Chaos army book we see that our Warriors can be outfitted with Halberds and/or Greatweapons yet there aren't any bitz for doing this in the new Warrior box. Oops. Now what?

I agree that they are awesome looking in their ONE pose, but the rest is kind of a killjoy.

Enjoy,
    Jon
    [COLOR=DarkRedI got my tournament t-shirts at mathhammer.net[/COLOR]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see your point jon! but i personly prefer the old chaos hunch backs as the conversion possibilites are endless! and whos to say you cant add the new weapons to the old warriors?? that i personly think would be cool
    however ive decided to use my new boxset as chosen of chaos that way they look different to my current warriors which are the hunch backs!!
    dated but cool for conversion! and also if you cut out the area which joins the old chaos warriors heads to there necks you can add the mutations heads!! most of my army are like that and they dont look that much like hunch backs!!

Nick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

I suppose my basic point is that they (GW) have provided a product that has limited conversion possiblities because of choices they made in design and production. Furthermore the shipped product: 12 Warriors for $30 US shouldn't have to be converted just to match the various ways they can be outfitted in the army book.

They seem to be saying, "Yes, according to the army book you can equip your Warriors with Halberds or Greatweapons but you will now have to spend EXTRA money and effort to convert your basic models to do so."

Perhaps they do this with a lot of their models and I just haven't noticed.

I don't hate GW, I'm just saying that it doesn't seem right. Luckily I want to equip my Warriors with Extra Hand Weapons so I don't need to scrounge for parts.

Certainly there will be some, such as yourself, that prefer the old models. Personally I didn't and it effected my decision to not invest in models I didn't like and I chose a different army when I started playing WarHammer. When I saw the preview pics of the new Warriors I realized that I could happily start a second army and pursue a Chaos Mortal army with Marauders and the new Warriors. Now to wish for more variety (and plastics) with the Marauders on Horse and Chaos Knights.

Enjoy,
    Jon
    [COLOR=DarkRedI got my tournament t-shirts at mathhammer.net[/COLOR]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

GW plans to release sets that will enable you to equip the warriors with halberds or greatweapons, just hope they get in time before the campaign ends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x3)

The new warriors are a mistake in my eyes. Yes they look nice and all but they are extremely limited in what you can do with them.
    ...I'll rotate this guys hand 10 degrees to the left.... and to change things up the next guy will go 8 degrees to the right..
    I have a feeling they wanted something more like the LOTR miniatures that are basically in a set position with minimal conversion possibilities.
    -GM
    I put the Laughter back into Slaughter.
    Sons of Prometheus <click>
    Children of Murder <clic>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know where i can get the old Chaos Knights the big nasty mace?

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many boxes don&#39;t have enough weapon options. The old chaos warrior box didn&#39;t have greatweapons if i remember correctly, the goblin box doesn&#39;t have enough handweapons, neither does the night goblin box. Thats just the way it is with GW boxes :/

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x3)

I actually really like the new chaos warrior figures, to the extent that I have ordered some and a chaos chariot and am now looking at doing an army of Khorne. It does suck that they give you the options to equip troops a certain way and then don&#39;t provide the figure options to do it. It took forever to bring out black orcs with great weapons, despite they have been able to have them since the army book came out.
    Helper monkey, bring me beer and donuts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i love the new chaos warrior box sets (do you remember what a nightmare the old ones were to rank up) yes tehy have little to no conversion possibilites (though giving some 40s models some bis ass shields and hand weapons is appealing but like teh saurus warriors they sacrificed posing for ranking, they all rank really nicely now and look great together
    Quote Originally Posted by artificer
    The quote is "in the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war",
    NOT "in the grim darkness of the far future, there are these little, fat, drunken goits with beards!"
    WELL SAID, NO MORE SQUATS THEY ARE DEAD GET OVER IT

+ Reply to Thread