Aspiring Champion Equipment - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

I am curently converting a aspiring champion to take a HERO slot and was wondering what people equipt them with most of the time...

This army is a Mortal (Wariors <-waiting for new ones, Probably some chariots not sure yet)

The question is what is better point wise for equipment?

I was thinking great weapon / shield <-- does this work well?

HyperX

I had this long signature made up, but I didnt like it...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Well the GW and shield will only work against misile fire, as sheilds can&#39;t be used with a two-handed weapon in combat. Although a Halberd or extra HW looks rather tasty.

Then you should figure if you want him to bear some sort of magic weapon etc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Ok.. First of all let me just say sorry for this post, i am a total noob when it comes to fantasy... (I have been playing 40K for at least 10 years but have never got into fantasy until now 8| )

Now ok, a halbeard sounds good and would work with what i have converted him to look like, but i gave him a shield... im geussing the halbeard counts as a two handed weapon so same thing with the shield right? (im guessing because i am not home right now to check)

HyperX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Aye an halberd is 2-handed too, the shiled can be used against shooting but just not in combat if you use the halberd.

i am a total noob when it comes to fantasy... (I have been playing 40K for at least 10 years but have never got into fantasy until now )
    It&#39;s ok, there&#39;s time And welcome to the realm of tactics ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

ok, because I have seen people play with shield and GW, and they sware by it, I guess its a matter point sinks, I guess the question is "would it really work since I cant use both at the same time" right?

HyperX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1372 (x8)

It would work, you just say that the shield is dropped or slung onto his back during comabt as he uses the halberd. Poeple don&#39;t really have that much of a problem, FB is less WYSIWYG.

But if the model looks good with the shield on leave it, it does benefit you vs missile attacks.

Closed Thread