New to WoC, have some basic questions on how to equip my Warriors and Marauders. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to WoC, have some basic questions on how to equip my Warriors and Marauders.

I'm just starting Warriors of Chaos in anticipation of the new Spearhead next month, so I'm getting started on my Core.

I want to build these with the new rules (or what we know of them) in mind, that way I don't have to go buy all new mini's when the book comes out!

So here are a few questions for those of you in the know...

Warriors. For my basic troops I was planning on equipping them with Hand Weapon and Shield. Is that the best option? Note that I will be taking a unit of the new Chosen with Great Weapons to be my hammer unit. Warriors will be my static troops.

Marauders: I'm planning on running these in units of 25, but I'm not sure how to equip them. Do I go Light Armor and Shield or do I go Flails?

Thanks for taking the time to read this! This can at least get me building while I'm waiting for the new book!

Thanks again!

Current Projects:
    Dark Elves - Raiders of the Blessed Dread
    Dwarf Slayers of Karak Kadrin

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by therupert View Post
    Warriors. For my basic troops I was planning on equipping them with Hand Weapon and Shield. Is that the best option? Note that I will be taking a unit of the new Chosen with Great Weapons to be my hammer unit. Warriors will be my static troops.

Marauders: I'm planning on running these in units of 25, but I'm not sure how to equip them. Do I go Light Armor and Shield or do I go Flails?
    I would say Hand Weapons and Shields are the best equipment for Chaos Warriors. They look like they're a real rock that can take down almost anything through attrition (especially with a 2+ save to look forwards to).

No idea for Marauders, but I'd say go with flails. If I were a WoC player, I'd use them as a pretty cheap unit for easy CRes.

-AFG//

Master of secret stuff HappyJim's Avatar
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really depends on how big the unit is and what you want it to do, HW + SH is great if you want a solid anvil unit, its going to need at the very least a warbanner however otherwise with only leadership 8 chances are any unit that changes it will be able to break it with static combat res (more basing this on new list rather than WD list).

Halberds are ok if you khorne, personally however i think if you want strength 5 attacks you should be using your chaos knights for thise, Great weapons i find very handy, gives you a nice counter charge unit that can actually hurt enemy armour (knights or high armour infantry). Additional hand weapons can be very handy but i think the main problem here is that you have to get them into combat with the right unit.

HW+SH is great for marauders however i would use great weapons if they have a hero with ASF in the unit (he should kill most of the enemy front rank to allow you to strike back), i personally dont like flails, i would only use them over great weapons if i was doing a nurgle army (seems very fluffy).

Anyways, hope that helps abit.

+ Reply to Thread