new to chaos, but with 40k exp. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

new to chaos, but with 40k exp.

ok so i hope i didnt confuse anyone with the title, I am starting a chaos army like this week still in assembly phaze and waiting for some stuff to come in mail.

what id like to know is some basic tactic stuff

i have (or am getting):

champion

24 warriors

16 murauders

5 kinghts

I'm heavily into the nurgle side of things from what i know fluff wise and my champ is a nurgle champ

what i wanted to know is how should i use my units effectivly i am thinking a group of lets say 20 warriors with mark of N 16 murauders and my knights with mark .... maybe chosen

i played 40k for a year got about 3000 points of necrons (boring me to tears these days) and half a ork army i inherited.

at this point me and my friends all have the same points give or take they are playing EMPIRE and BRETONIA

*I apologise for spelling*

In the name of god impure souls of the living dead shal be banished into eturnal damnation. Amen.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    110 (x4)

it's still too early to give you any real advice.. the new codex (yes i am calling it codex!!) hasnt been released yet and it's due in November. In the current time, Marke of Nurgle is probably one of the least effective mark for a Chaos army. Chaos Warriors and Knights are quite expensive in point cost, and fear-causing is only effective when you take units in big quantity. Look at how undead functions, they are all fear-causing and their units are dirt cheap. I am not saying Nurgle is a bad choice but they'll limit your army's model count.. always ensured that you are outnumbering your opponent after each combat to get your point-value worth back.
    Anima Tactics - try it out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

Don't even worry about the current rules for Warriors in my opinion. The new book is all set to release on November 1.

Nurgle is going to be an amazing mark in the new version. The mark gives -1 BS to anything shooting at you and -1 WS to anything in CC with you. Also the new Lore of Nurgle is pretty filthy, no pun intended.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    82 (x2)

First off welcome to Fantasy, other than dice and movement, it has nothing in common with 40k really.

Also Nurgle may be expensive and sorta-crappy right now, but just turned into the best mark in the new Warriors of Chaos (WoC) book. I plan to do an all Nurgle force heavy on Marauders, they seem fun.

-K

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    443 (x8)

Well, I'm planning on making my foray into FB with the new WoC as well. I'll be getting the new book the day its available, which should give me a good two weeks to get acquainted with their options before I get two of the new Battalion Boxes. Not to mention pick out a character...
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous."
    ---Ogvai Ogvai Helmshrot, Jarl of Tra, VI Legion Astartes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    110 (x4)

I cant wait for the book to come out too.. my Chaos army has been sitting in package unbuilt for almost 6 months, I am too happy to hear about the new book that's coming out. I am making my new list right now with the new army builder data file I just built 4pts a marauder.. this is going to hurt my wallet.
    Anima Tactics - try it out!

+ Reply to Thread