Supporting your (Chaos) Troops (with magic) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

Supporting your (Chaos) Troops (with magic)

Hey all, I was wondering what all your preferences are on Lores. I have heard a fair amount about the new lores, and how people hope to use them, which spells they think they will like, etc. My question is, what, specifically, do you like about the non-marked lores that we can use, which are rumored to be Fire, Shadow, Death, and Heavens? Will you use any of these, or only stick to Marked lores? If you use one of them, which one(s) will you pick, and why? How do you feel certain spells help with or contradict the purpose of our army?

Discuss.

P.S. I haven't gotten a great chance to look over those lores recently, I will try to take a look and add some of what I feel, however, I am looking for outside input, as I've really only played with armies that use their own special Lores, so I am not too familiar with how the stock ones stand up.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

Fire is very destructive and shadow can move your character 20 inches so that counters warmachines metal is awesome against good armour saves not much cavelry can stand up to 2d6 s7 hits with no armour save.Death is awesome against low leadership armies. thats just some of them I don't have time to go over the rest gotta go
    Daemonic cheese-how? Well, you would need to start with daemonic milk, i guess...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will be using 2 nurgle level 1 or 2s depending on how they play but their main objective will be using the first spell in the nurgle lore to assasinate things in units. For example if my opponent has his caster lord or hero in a unit protected by only a unit champion, I will target the unit champ with the spell so that he either has to accept with his mage or decline. I will also use it to weaken any real threats against my heroes who have to challenge.

A legend in my own mind.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

If i had to use a non god specific lore Id use fire or death. As far as the god specific lores Id have to go with tzeentch. Followed by nurgle then slannesh. I look for the fluff behind a spell as well as the effect behind it. Something about whisking a unti with chaarcters in it off to the realm of chaos with no saves of any kind allowed to me is worth the 15+ casting and the attempt for S 11 or 12. Its the equal of banishing someone to Hell. Tzeentch has some other good spells. The magic missile is a flaming attack so that works on cancelling out regeneration. The transforming spell i like because of the fluff, the idea of turning your opponents into mindless beasts. Nurgle i like fluff wise, using filth and diseases on your foe.Slannesh, eh the spells remained largely unchanged. Id use them for a fluff army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Kich View Post
    I will be using 2 nurgle level 1 or 2s depending on how they play but their main objective will be using the first spell in the nurgle lore to assasinate things in units. For example if my opponent has his caster lord or hero in a unit protected by only a unit champion, I will target the unit champ with the spell so that he either has to accept with his mage or decline. I will also use it to weaken any real threats against my heroes who have to challenge.
    But doesn't he WANT to decline with his mage, so that he can get out of combat? Why wouldn't you just use the spell to kill the mage?

I'm also interested in Tzeentch, I will definitely try it. I really like the spell that introduces a free exalted champ into the army. It is really strange and unexpected but fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    110 (x4)

Lore of Shadow is probably one of the more useful lore available to Chaos (unmarked), Steed of Shadow and Unseen Lurker are very helpful since Chaos is expensive and they are Mv4, so they need to get into opponent's sensitive area as soon as they can. Crown of Taidron is also a great spell to cast since you are almost certain to be outnumbered, and your higher armour save will minimized the damage caused by this spell while it ravages your opponent's units in an area effect.

Lore of Heaven is one of my favorite too. Potent of Far and Second Sign of Amul is definitely helpful with all those re-rolls. Celestial Shield eliminates the weakness of a Chaos Army -- range shooting spree. The other 3 spells are just a bonus since they have unlimited range so your wizards could sit back and rain down spells away from the gun line.

Lore of Death and Fire are probably the least useful comparing to other available lores of magic. If you wanted full-on destructive spells, Tzeentch and Nurgle is better than Death and Fire combined. If you wanted to play psychology, Lore of Slaanesh is 10x better than Lore of Death.
    Anima Tactics - try it out!

+ Reply to Thread