The eye of the gods - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The eye of the gods

Just a simple question.

If there is no altar on the table, does my champion from a unit of warriors/marauder HAVE to challenge as he does not benefit from the rule of the eye?
    If there is an altar on the table, my champion is in a challenge, does he gain a roll on the table if he kills an ennemy champion? or only an ennemy hero/lord?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

A legend in my own mind.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

I think he must always issue a challenge when he can regardless of altar.
    If a Million Guardsmen die, that's a statistic. If one marine dies, that's a tragedy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My taking of this rule is that by having the alter on the table gives all your champions the gift of the gods rule (ie roll on the table if you win a challange). Now thats any challange, i know i aim to run my lord around hacking every champion to bits until hes str and toughness 6 with a 4+ward and stubborn.... and maybe cause terror............. and maybe +1 attack......... and maybe +1 armour save............. and what the heck stupidity as well, only seems right

Hope that helps

Zaki

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But the rulebook specify that a roll on the eye of the gods is trigger only when you defeat an ennemy character in duel (or a large target). Champions are not characters aren't they?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Champions are sort of mini characters, in that they can accept challenges and fight in a duel, but they cant issue them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xanaq View Post
    ... but they cant issue them.
    Really? Damn, I never knew that! And neither do my regular opponents! Crud....
    Herald of the Colonel; Festooned with pistols, riddled with vermin, and finger lickin' good...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't worry they can issue challenges.

Also I don't think eye of the gods works on champions (in the way of gaining affects by killing them), champions only count as characters when: it's moving within units; accepting/issuing challenges; and when being shot at ("look out sir" roll).
    Last edited by noone; October 23rd, 2008 at 15:24.
    Anyone find it funny that Cities of Death show the two worst combat armies in the game ... in combat!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

They normally do not get rolls on the table. However, the altar of the gods has a specific rule that if there is one altar out on the field, all champions can gain these effects.

I will try to take a look in the book later tonight to get the information that was originally requested, I just had to respond to that. It should be very clear in the book. It will either say that all chaos that can challenge have to, or all chaos that have the eye of the gods rule that can challenge have to.

As a blind guess, my memory tells me that the champs DO have to challenge, but I could be wrong on that, I will try to check.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, sorry, found it in rulebook. Champs can issue/accept challenges just like characters. Must have been diff in previous edition. I havent played in a while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well ok champions have to challenge wether or not there is an altar but do you get any roll on the table by killing ennemy champions? they are not characters after all. even small ones.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast