Caster Kits for 500pts WBs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

Caster Kits for 500pts WBs

Hey, I've been playing warbands recently. The games are mostly at a 500pts level, and I have been taking an exalted. This has been letting me down a bit because he is very expensive at this level, and not too hard to avoid when there isn't much else on the table, and he's moving slow. I've also been getting hammer on pretty well by magic.

This leads me to want to field a Sorcerer in these games. I am wondering how you kit out your sorcerers. Know that this hero cannot be worth over 150 pts. I am thinking I would probably want to make him a level 2. Would it be worth it to get a power familiar to have 5 dice going? Should I get the book of secrets, risking a bad miscast but possibly firing off 3 solid spells, or is that spreading too thin? Should I just make him a level 2 and keep him cheap for that?

Here is the big question - what Lore would you choose at this point level? Would you give your caster a marked lore, and, if so, which?

My most faced enemy has been dark elves, though I also plan to see bretonnians, greenskins, high elves, tomb kings, empire, lizardmen, and possibly beasts. I prefer to take an all comers list rather than building my army to just beat one other built army, but I think I definitely need this guy for the extra DD of magic defense.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Personally I would give him lvl 2, mark of slaanesh, and a steed of slaanesh or a barded mount (if barded mount also give spell familiar). Any way you go I would definately give him a mount of some sort, preferably a barded mount, a steed of slaanesh, or a disk of tzeentch, and lvl 2. I would take death against everything except possibly HE.

Hope I helped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

That does help actually. I was thinking about putting one on a disk. The thing is you need to have the proper mark to right a mount (MoT for disk or MoS for Steed). If a sorcerer has a Mark (can't take Khorne), they automatically have to generate spells from the corresponding lore.

I am brooding on a 1000pt list that might have a lvl 2 on a disk and a lvl 1 nurgler.

Do you think that it is worth having spell familiar which means having 3 spells with 4 PD? I haven't had too much experience with using regular magic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

I find a spell familiar useful because it means you will likely have a spell that you can use in most situations.

+ Reply to Thread