thinking of starting - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thinking of starting

i was thinking of starting with the new Warriors of Chaos. just curious about what people would buy if they were going to get a khornate army. i want the army to be fast with a tough backbone of Warriors. i don't want many marauders though maybe some cavalry but nothing more.

Thanks in advance,
    Tux.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    98 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by tuxedo clank View Post
    i was thinking of starting with the new Warriors of Chaos. just curious about what people would buy if they were going to get a khornate army. i want the army to be fast with a tough backbone of Warriors. i don't want many marauders though maybe some cavalry but nothing more.

Thanks in advance,
    Tux.
    Depends how much you want to spend how fast.

You can buy a £185.00 box-set which gives you 36 Warriors plus 10 Knights, alongside several characters and a bunch of other stuff you'd find useful - Chosen and Hounds, for example. But you'd have to wait until 29th November to get them.

You can spend £18.00 now and buy a box-set of 12 Warriors which is a good starting point for a Warrior-based army.

Or you can wait until Saturday, when the new models are released, plan an army on a piece of paper and buy everything you need for it.

Myself, if I was going to build a Warrior-based army, I'd go and buy some Warriors now. You get to paint them up and see what you think about making the things.

Or were you wanting people to recommend army lists? If so, that's a much more personal choice and takes more time to give an answer to. There are sample army lists in the Warriors of Chaos Army Lists forum, some of which are Khornate. Check them out for ideas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first piece of advice that springs to mind is to plan for them to be baited and when you buy your khornate units buy cheap screening units such as hounds.
    I'd also consider getting spawn to protect your flanks from march-blockers.

You need to ensure your deadly killing machines reach the enemy in best time and with minimal casualties. Possibly take some unmarked wizards (yes, yes, I know, Khorne hates magic. He also hates getting shot in the face) with movement spells available to them through lore of the shadows.
    Invisible Toast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunatly, shadow lore is not aviable to lvl2 wizards, only fire and death if my memory is good. That said, you need unmarked lvl1 sorcerer scroll caddie because MoK do not gives you extra dispel dice anymore. Remember that your sorcerer still have the basic stateline of a normal chaos warrior, which is quite good. That is not very effective in magic defense but that is the best you can have.

I think warriors can be good by 10-12 in a unit and full command. What you really need are knights and hounds. knights are hard hitting (no lance) and hourds prevent you from taking too many shots and you don't have to fear panic from them.

I was thinking about chaos ogres of khorne with chaos armour and heavy weapons, a unit of four cost the same as 5 knights and are hard hitting.

Finally, the war altar is still a question for me, but i thnik that for ~150 pts you have a model with a not too bad basic stateline, good resistance, and the rule of the eye, which can provide you a +1F or +1A at the good moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was thinking about £108 over 3 months.
    still need to buy the new book coming out soon.
    i want approx 40-60 warriors, 10 knights and 20 marauders. i also want a single sorceror and a couple of Exalted heroes one on foot and one mounted.

working out with the prices i have...
    £103 for 48 warriors, a sorcerer, a chaos exalted on juggernaut, a chaos exalted on foot, a unit of 10 knights and the book.

is this correct?
    Last edited by tuxedo clank; October 29th, 2008 at 20:39.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    98 (x2)

It's certainly something around that, yeah.

What would you use the Marauders for? If you're having so many warriors, I don't know what you'd want the Marauders for, unless you're using them as a screen?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gives me something to keep numbers more even seeing as they should be cheaper then the warriors also works like a meat shield.

+ Reply to Thread