~The Forsaken? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ~The Forsaken?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

~The Forsaken?

~I've heard a lot of rumor about a special choice being Forsaken Warriors, and I'm just wondering if that's all a bunch of phooey, or not...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its true, although with all the Spec. choices you get im not sure if you would ever take them over others.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Erm, not it's not?..

what exactly are you asking? There is a special choice called forsaken which are essentially Chaos warriors gone bonkers in a mutated way, rather than a killy way like chosen. IMO they are one of the few dud units in the book (it was the same for the 40K chaos too - funny that).

Pro's
    - higher movement
    - Random # of attacks could be high (4)
    - Frenzy makes them immune to Psych.

Con's
    - Same cost as Chosen and takes up a valuable Special slot.
    - Less WS and Init but otherwise a standard warrior.
    - Random # of attacks could be low (2)
    - Frenzy...
    - No marks
    - No command
    - Only hand weapon and HEAVY armour that can't be upgraded

I just can't figure out what role they will play. They are way to random to be using as a hammer unit, where the other special slot monsters would probably be a better choice. you could never afford ranks for them either. They're not quite fast enough to be flanking types either, amd way to expensive to be used as a roadbump / diverter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i decided i'd give these guys a go in a battle, i was playing tomb kings and because of their S3 shooting thet still ofund it pretty hard to kill all 8 of them before they got there, but they provide a good, although expensive distraction,but for a unit of 12 of them you could have 5 chaos knights and these guys roll everyone, so i don't think their all tat worth it, unless someone thinks of a good use for em

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just can't get past the fact that they will only have a 5+ save in combat whereas my stock warriors will have a 2+ one. I keep trying to find a use for them based on their high movement, but it seems a chariot would do the same job.

by the way, the 'a' is silent...

get it....

(so immature)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remember how everyone was in fits of ecstacy when they heard about these guys?
    They were going to be the saviours of the chaos army, there were ritual suicides when it was found that no models would be released for them.
    At one point it was rumored that their attacks would be D3 +1 +1 for Frenzy + 1 for 2xHand Weapon.

Weeks later no-one even mentions them anymore.
    You fickle, fickle minions of chaos.
    Invisible Toast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

I think most people were hoping that they would be skirmishers as well. It's not too fickle to drop something when it turns out to be 1/10th as good as everyone thinks it will be, and when they don't seem to fill a unique roll.

That said, I do hope to model/play them at some point. I've just got a lot of other stuff to make/paint/worry about before that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

If they were skirmishers they would be used a lot more. Now other units do what they do better, so they don't get used.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    211 (x5)

Its a shame what GW has done for these guys, I was really looking forward to trying them out but it seems that GW had just put there rules together in 2 seconds and Not even thought about them. I think they should have got rules like 40k possessed a random roll every turn that could make them useful or useless.

I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

They are an intercept unit so to speak.
    Used in units of 12, they are ideally designed to hold a flank engaging any fast cavalry/skirmishers that come their way.
    In addition to this they can be used to hit the flank of enemy units as their high movement means they have a 12" march/charge range and do not have to worry about fear or terror at all.

Ideally it is also best to use them alongside a War Shrine as this way they can benefit from the bonuses it gives and guard it as well.

They require a little bit of subtlety to use, which can be hard for the average chaos player (even the Tzeenchian ones) as we prefer the tried and tested headlong charge relying on our units armour to protect them. The fact that forsaken only have a 5+ save and that they are frenzied can be a problem.

I may have to write a Warriors of Chaos tactica when I get the time.

JvK
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast