Pointers for a woman wanting to go Chaos - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Pointers for a woman wanting to go Chaos

Good morning to all,

As the title says, I am looking toward starting a WoC force. I played all Khorne forces, back in the day, and prob will not see half those unit choice ever again ( ex. Thugs ).

So, what would be your opinion of the new rules?

I am looking towards making an all-mounted/fast force, for I just love the idea of thundering quick forces.

Though, not to sure if I will be making an all-one god force.

Thanks for your time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thugs can be marauders. It's not too great a leap. Just about any human infantry with the appropriate weapon can do the job.

As to Mounted tactics, there's a plethora of coolness. Marauder Cav with axes or spears can take MoN or MoS for survivability, Marauder Caav with Flails can take MoN or MoK for hittyness.

Chaos knights are sicker than ever, downright nasty with MoK and some puppies to stop charge-baiting, survivable with MoN or MoT with the Blasted Standard.

Then you have the Dragon Ogres and their slightly slower cousins the Ogres and Trolls.

Cap it off with a new cheap terror causing mount in the form of a manticore and fast cavalry lists are looking to be the way forward. The only problem is choosing which super-heavy cavalry units to take.

As many have stated, mono-god lists are not that good, or, I feel, intended by the design team. The marks complement one another well.
    Invisible Toast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recently (and by recent I mean 2 days ago) wrote my roommate an all cav khorne list. basicaly a lord on jugger, one mtertic crap-ton of marauder horsemen, some hounds, chaos knights and charriots.
    not sure how they would play competitivly, but for pure fun factor cav armys look wizzard
    I say go for it

A legend in my own mind.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

Knights of chaos perhaps the most improvement over all the units. Even without lances, if they charge with their ensorcelled weapons, they are still going to do massive damage, just that the enemy will get a slightly better armour save (if he still has one at -2)
    If a Million Guardsmen die, that's a statistic. If one marine dies, that's a tragedy.

+ Reply to Thread