Good upper torso for Dragon Ogres? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good upper torso for Dragon Ogres?

So I'm whipping up conversions for Dragon Ogres - I've got the dragon half and I'm looking for the manly part. If at all possible, I'd like to see them looking like the Shaggoth model - slightly beastial features with horns. Ideally, these would be GW miniatures, but the only options I can see are Beastmen (too small) or Ogres (Not pretty enough).

To give an example, this is the best I've found so far:

It's a Rackham mini, they're Formor Fiends. The only problem I have is that they don't have Great Weapons. Any suggestions on either front?

Last edited by raverrn; November 19th, 2008 at 18:23.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It probably wouldnt be too much of a hassle to simply use the Formors and replace their weapons with ones of suitable size and shape. Actually, even just extending the handle of their blades (and bulking out the weapon slightly) would do wonders to create the appearance of two-handed weapons, since it is not the length size of the cutting edge alone that created the efficiency of such large weapons, but rather the extended grip and heavier weight.

The only GW models that spring to mind are Ogres themselves (particularly Iron Guts). I am not sure what you mean by "pretty" since I would hardly call Dragon Ogres prettier (or would that be more pretty) than Ogres, but I could see how the bulk of the new ogres may not fit well with leaner look of the dragon body, without an extensive application of green stuff.
    Last edited by Zarak; November 19th, 2008 at 18:45.
    Increasing the diversity of the 40k universe through the destruction of Space Marines, one army at a time...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe if you really really want dragon ogres in your army and you don't like the models you could buy a box of ironguts and 4 dragon ogres. You use the bottom part of the dragon ogres and the torso and head and weapons of the ironguts though this would be kind of expensive. about a 100 euro. (sorry, I live in Holland, got no idea how much dollars that would be, 130 dollars? 70 pounds?)
    maybe something i'll do myself,
    martijn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by martijn View Post
    maybe if you really really want dragon ogres in your army and you don't like the models you could buy a box of ironguts and 4 dragon ogres. You use the bottom part of the dragon ogres and the torso and head and weapons of the ironguts though this would be kind of expensive. about a 100 euro. (sorry, I live in Holland, got no idea how much dollars that would be, 130 dollars? 70 pounds?)
    maybe something i'll do myself,
    martijn
    First off, money isn't really a concern - I'm patient enough to spread the purchase out. Yours is an interesting suggestion, and it has been done before to good effect with cold ones, but the point is to avoid the old Dragon Ogre models. I just hate how they look in every respect, and they don't tie in to the Shaggoth at all. Besides, I already have a bottom half in this guy.

I'm probably going to give up tournament legalness and just go for the Confrontation guys.
    Last edited by raverrn; November 19th, 2008 at 20:46.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ohhhh ok, i always thought people hated the upper half of the dragon ogres and that they were okay with their legs. I guess that's just a mater of taste.

And yes I guess thats something you could try

LO's thread lurker warhammer madman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x2)

im useing ogre torsoes and could one boddies....
    click>the warhammer world needs you!<click

If someone helps you REP them...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by warhammer madman View Post
    im useing ogre torsoes and could one boddies....

?

Just not doing it for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no? really? Because thats exactelly what i was thinking of though they don't really look like the pic in the armybook. matter of taste i guess

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know how hard it is to convert those babies? I really like the look of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're in luck! The guy who made them (goes by Psychosis PC) has a tutorial on his website.

link

Edit: The other popular conversion tutorial is from a Kruzkal, who had a thread on Warseer.

link

He never finished, but they looked to be amazing.
    Last edited by raverrn; November 21st, 2008 at 17:37.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast