Marauder Horde - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Marauder Horde

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x3)

I was toying with the idea of having an entirely Marauder army, possibly throwing in a few Beastmen and Dogs of War but overall going for a lightly armoured less devouted Chaos Army with far greater numbers.

Could it work?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd certainly like to see an all Beastmen and Marauder army. It'd probably go along the lines of 1 or 2 Wargors, about 40 Beastmen, about 30 Marauders and some Horsemen for 1000pts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

I have recently started a Chaos Mortal army.

My first goal is to keep it all Mortals. No Daemons, no beasts. Nothing but Undivided.

I've bought 3 boxes of Marauders and am setting them up in two 25-man blocks. (if you do the math you'll see that I'm a couple guys short.... more on that later)

I'm picking up bits to build Marauder horsemen from Marauder pieces and using some legs from the Kislev archers. I will build no more than 14 Marauder Horsemen leaving me 2 extra Marauders to complete my 25-man blocks above.

I plan to have at least a single Warrior (16), Knight (5) and Hound (10) units.

While I think an all Marauder army is a neat idea I think that allowing yourself to splash other types of units will give you necessary components for a more well-rounded army.

Marauder Horsemen may give you a cavalry capability, but they aren't heavy cavalry.
    Maruaders are cheap and cool but they aren't heavy infantry.

I will definately aim for as many Marauder units as possible but I can't see limited myself to just Marauders at this time.

Good luck,
    Jon
    [COLOR=DarkRedI got my tournament t-shirts at mathhammer.net[/COLOR]

Closed Thread