Warshrine Question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warshrine Question

So today I was sitting around reading my Warriors of Chaos Army Book and stumbled upon something i missed in the last read. It's about the Warshrine and its Giver of Glory Speial rule which said the following:

"Pick a Single Friendly unit within 12 of the warshrine that unit may imediately roll on the Eye of the Gods table"

Now does this mean that the entire unit gains the stat boost or does it mean that only the champion does ..... because the former could really bamf out your units further.

well thanks for the time

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x7)

The boost affects the whole unit, just like a unit of Chosen get a free roll on the chart at the beginning of the battle.
    "The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

Cool isn't it?

Cool isn't it. It also goes some way to explaining why Shrines are so expensive. But of course so worth it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah it seems awsome

But what about if you use them on a Group of Chosen who's Captain has the Favor of the Gods item since it allows him to adjust a will of the gods roll he rolls would this effect still be allowed since it is affecting him and all his guys?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

I would say 'yes'.

I would say yes to that. But the more I think about it the less certain I become...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

225 (x7)

Really interresting question here.
    Favour of the Gods:
    After rollingon the Eye of the Godstable, the bearer may add or subtract one from his roll. This may not... etc
    This is so interresting because there is no sure way of knowing. It does say HIS ROLL, but the roll isnt for HIM, it's for the entire unit, so if he's entitled to manipulate the roll, the the manipulation should affect the whole units result. But only the champ is wearing the item, so only he should be affected really. The wording on the item contradicts itself with the Shrine.
    This really needs a FAQ.
    "The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so this is my thinking to maimize my unit of chosen chance to get a 12 tell me if im wrong

assuming a 2000ish pt army
    2 warshrines
    Tzeentch Mark
    Champion in the unit with Favor of the gods (If it would allow for rerolls of the favor of the gods rolls for the whole unit)

so this is how i figure it would work its all hypothetical but i think the idea is sound

*11 will be considered a a roll of 12 because you can force the roll to go to 12*

1. Since Chosen reroll 7's and 2's and you have favor of the gods you can force a reroll on the following numbers for the original roll: 2, 3, 6, 7, 8,

2. With the chance to get one of those numbers that force a reroll as 19/36. Remember your initial roll is the roll that you wont ever be able to reroll again since that roll was from the Chosen's original ability making this choice a key decision since it will stick with your chosen ...

3. The dead zone of 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, leaves a few spots where you would be forced to take certain values: 4,5,9,10,11,and 12 all are not bad but the key is to try and get another big dead zone for your next 2 rolls with you warshrines so either 4, 5, 9, or 10 would be ideal.

+ If you choose 4 or 5 you would create deadzones from 2-8 10/36 rolls up to chance ie the last quater of the table.

+ If you choose 9 or 10 you will create the following deadzones 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 leaving 3 and 4 as undesierable rolls with a 7/36 chance

4. either way you have two more rolls on the table comming amd you can use the first roll to block out the dead zone you did not choose before leaving only 11/12 available for taking if you wish giving your unit of tzeentch chosen a 3+ ward save and stubborn

well thats my theory tell me what you think or if you can even follow my poorly organized argument as it makes sense to me ......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

225 (x7)

The Chosen can only manipulate their roll for the Chosen of the Dark Gods rule. They doesnt automatically manipulate all rolls on the Eye of the Gods table. If their champion wears the Favour of the Gods item there is another question altogether and I don't have a ruling on how that would work.

Also, I'm currently thinking of including a warshrine in a 3000 pts force. I'm having trouble getting my 2000 pts forces competative and working as it is, and doesnt really see how a shrine could fit into such a small force.
    Last edited by Mr_Wayne; November 25th, 2008 at 01:05.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see what your saying and thank you for helping me work this out

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

279 (x7)

I believe it also states you can get multiple buffs from multiple sources, so if you start the game with +1 strength and a warshrine gives you +1 strength, you don't reroll it, but you now have +2 strength.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast