Daemon Prince - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Daemon Prince

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daemon Prince

So, GW were happy to show off the cool new Daemon Prince model in the Warriors of Chaos book. One question. When will we acutally be able to get one!? Also, is there any real advantage to taking a Demon Prince rather than a Chaos Lord? They just seem to cost more without any worthy benefits!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

There

There are two gifts of Chaos that only Demon Princes can take...

Is that an advantage?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh, neither of them seem to be worth it really. D3 less strength from a cannonball means it will be hitting you at S7 possibly, which doesn't seem to make that much of a difference. Tendrils of Tzeench seem to pretty much have the same effect as a Power Familiar, which costs half as much. Any idea on when the model is coming out?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

Personnaly, i don't really liek the new model anyways, some great stuff with the release, the DP not one of them.
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    117 (x3)

While that particular gift is quite useless against cannons, it's very useful against almost any other forms of shooting. And while a cannon has quite the capability of downing a daemon prince with one hit, you shouldn't also forget the threat a simple unit of crossbows or handguns might pose (not to mention gunline armies, if 20 or 30 dwarfen thunderers pester your daemon a single cannon becomes rather unimportant)
    Although I admit that I rather work with some hounds shielding him against the worst shooting than spending almost all of his points allowance on this gift.

For them costing more than a chaos lord, well they got a bunch of stuff which a lord hasn't (like an extra wound, so at least some resilience against those d3 wound causing stuff)
    Of course, a lot of players rate the higher leadership of the chaos lord much, much more valuable than all of the boons a daemon prince has (or rather since in games below 3000 points they can only field one lord choice and they want that ld9 above all else they simply can't field something else)

On a sidenote: at least the warrior-of-chaos daemon princes have kept terror, something which the daemons-of-chaos daemon princes have lost (which, together with other disadvantages makes the latter a really awkward choice)
    It ain't easy bein' green... :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I would ever take a Deamon Prince (wich is not that unlikely) I would give him the mot so that he has a 4+ ward save wich is pretty good. And above all, it's a flying chaos lord with 4 wounds! (wich in my opinion isn't that bad for the extra points you spend)

Ohh and when I'm making my own DP (because I hate GWs) i was thinking of using the balrog's model (of course painting him a bit more theetz-ish) though I don't know if it'll fit on a 50x50mm base

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did actually read a good combo for a DP not long ago. Make him a level 4 wizard (EXPENSIVE!) with the Mark of Slaanesh and give him the Diabolic Splendour gift. Then, fly him amongst the enemy, causing terror tests and casting Hellshriek at -1 Ld! Anyone know about when the model is released though?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried the Diabolic splendour combo with the slaanesh mark. I just don't like the ward save he's got for the points. My best build so far has been a Tzeentch mark, level 3 sorcerer, and the Conjoined Homunculus gift. I like the tendrils of tzeentch better, but I needed the points elsewhere. Basically, he's great at skipping down a flank to get to war machines or march block and casting flickering fire, pandemonium, or infernal gateway. I think you nearly have to take the tzeench mark to keep him alive, though, as it gives him a good shot against bolt throwers and cannonballs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daemon Prince

I'm currently running a Daemon Prince (Lvl 4 caster, Tendrils, Conjoined, Fury) and no mark. I kind of like the versatility of either running the Lore of Fire or the Lore of Heavens. I've forgotten how much fun it is raining comets down on the heads of dark elves.

Sure, he's expensive, but as long as you don't get him into combat with anything besides very squishy troops, he'll be golden.

And with a ground movement of 8 and a flight movement, I can get him where I need him, either to cast a handy spell to help in combat, or to try to scare some units away with fear.

But if I was in a tournament environment, I'd prolly tool him up with the Mantle and Fury, and just rely on the dice to cast all those spells.

Also, he's not my general, one of my exalted heroes is. That way he can go gallivanting around, while the hero lends his leadership to either the hounds, trolls, or ogres. Just gotta remember to keep them kind of close, because leadership 4 trolls tend not to do much of anything.

Coyote

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have used a very simliar build... It worked nice in fun games, but I won't bring him to a tournie.

AS far as models, I still think Bela-kor is a sweet daemon Prince model, that is who I use. I think you can find him in the collector area of the WArrios tab.

-V
    Veni Vidi Vici
    "The plan is to win, if we don't win its cause you guys didn't follow the plan!"
    Eldar: 25,000 pts

+ Reply to Thread