Blasphemous Amulet - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x7)

Blasphemous Amulet

At the beginning of the owners magic phase the enemy models touching the Amulets bearer have to take a toughness test or suffer a wound. Isn't this a great way to kill off the whole command of the enemy unit?
    I'll put this one on my Chosen Champion and position him so that he touches all three command models. At T3 there's a 50% chanse of them biting the grass. I mean, it specifically say "any enemy in base contact". Is it worth the points?

Last edited by Mr_Wayne; December 15th, 2008 at 21:18.
    "The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only Problem with that is you can't specifically target command models, sure the champion could bite the dust but the banner and musician wouldn't technically die, models from the back of the unit would be removed to say that yes the model holding the banner at that time died but a model rushed forward to take is place. Its similar to the Hochland Long rifle of the Empire that can be used to target champions and characters but sniping the banner carrier only means killing the guy holding the banner, the banner and musician don't go away until there's only them left. But otherwise it is a item for your champion because he can still kill other guys the campion included so its in no way a waste of points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IIRC, the only command model that actually matters is the unit champion since he has slightly different stats.

I could be wrong though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

225 (x7)

I'm fairly convinced that only the champion gets killed. Thanks for the heads up. Rep granted. Good item though.
    "The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Dman is correct, The musician and the Standard is more of a unit upgrade than an actualy bloke upgrade like the unit champ.

It's an awesome item against elves and knighty types though.
    It's a nasty little item when you put it with the Festering shroud and get the 'Curse of the leper' Spell off too. Die on 3's elves!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This item works best if put on a mounted charcter because of the bigger base size. A normal model on foot is only going to touch 3 models while being mounted on a deamon mount or dragon is going to alow you to touch at least 4.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

with his base width point Chaospantz is right but personally this isn't an item that leaps out at me and says "YOU NEED ME!" because there are other things to gear a character up with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

225 (x7)

That's why it's so good on the Chosen champion. It gives you a few more kills without any hassle.

+ Reply to Thread