Having trouble using some units. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having trouble using some units.

Having a little trouble fielding some of our more unique units and wanted some advice on what seems to be working for other people.
    1. Chosen. These seem to what I want to use the most. Down side is that to field them effectively you got to put alot of extra points into an alredy expensive unit. I like the idea of rolling on the eye of the gods table but the few times that ive tryed them out even with the reroll i cant seem to get what will be best effective agains what im up against. Would have been nice if they gave you the option of choosing a few of the results instead of the randomness. I love the models and might try to field them as a good looking chaos warrior unit and save the extra points for something else.

2. Warshrine. Again seems like a great thing but maby its me but i have trouble getting something realy effective on a unit that needs it. Last game i played i swaped it out for a Nurgle chariot and had a much better game with the extra hitting power than having the shrine sit in the back and try to buff my troops.

3. Forsaken. Not even going to waist time talking about these guys.

4. Hell cannon. My first experence with the hell cannon in Sorm of Chaos kind of turned me off it since by the end of every game he had eaten his crew and run amok. But the reroll of the scattering actually did a great job in uping the effectiveness of a stone thrower. With the loss of that and still looking at a 200+ point sink I haven't felt the need to dust him off.

Any thoughts or stories of using these units effectively would be appricated. Mostly want to use the chosen.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

I did Have a ponder over the use of Forsaken but i honestly can't justify why i'm paying more for them than a normal chaos warrior. Yes they have M6........but compared to a warrior of Khorne with 2 hand weapons they have less WS, I, Save and have D3+1 attacks rather than the 3+1 of the warriors AND the forsaken cost more.
    They cost the same as Chosen........I know what i'd rather have.

Warshrines, I know what your saying, They're Random. But i actually like that randomness, A Warshrine is like a box of chocolates. and you never know one day your Chosen of Tzeentch will roll that Double 6 and get a 3+ Wardsave.

Hellcannon, Nice model but 200+ points for a small template? Erm no thanks.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x4)

Yeh i had the exact same feeling about forsaken and can't realy see what happened when these guys seemed like a good idea in the book. The only thing i can think of is that thy were origionaly skirmishers, somthing that seems to fit with the idea of the unit, but probably were deemed too powerful so put back into ranks but had nothing done to make up for the loss of skirmish.

They have no command options which seems to point in the direction that they were intended to be skirmish, but unfortunaly M6 doesnt make them a viable option over other units.

With Hellcannons i would want an all tzeentch force with lots of socerers, but unfortunatly GW had a brain fart and made the combination of the two near impossible due to the threat of a hel canon misfire. I just dont get whats going on there? You get given an "amazing" range weapon for chaos and it is only safe in a force with little magic, so you need to get into combat to win a game, yet they the hell cannon becomes inafective. Who thinks up of this stuff?!

If onyl the warshrine could be ridden by characters like a corpse cart. you could then chuck it in a unit as a mount and have a great unit suppoting it whilst keeping it safe.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

The Chaos armiesdon't really have middle ground hitters. Forsaken make that ground up well, they are 50% faster than Chaos Knights - read as fast as Ogres!. So that allows a Chaos army some effective melee troops capable of manouvre. Don;t get me wrong - Chaos Warriors and Chosen are immense in combat. But they have to make that combat first! The Forsaken give you that opportunity to support the Knights with a unit moving close up with them, and if you are screening the Knights with hounds anyway, you are also screening the forsaken

+ Reply to Thread