Starting warriors of chaos - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starting warriors of chaos

Hey I have been playing Warhammer for about 2 years and feel like playing a different army (i currently play high elves) i will be making a 1k army to start with i dont have the army book yet but i plan on getting it soon as well as the battalion what else do i need to add to get to 1k like about how many points come in the battalion i was thinking either a hero from slaanesh or nurgle. Thanks in advance/

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, just get the Battalion and a hero blister pack, and you'll have around 1k points. This is probably the best and worst bit about collecting Warriors of Chaos; each one of our basic troops is 15 points minimum! I just calculated, if you use everything you get, with the median costing mark for each unit and full command (no extra gear) you should have 790 points! With weapons and maybe an extra hero or a unit of marauder horsemen, you'll definitely have 1k.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm also a HE player as well as Chaos so like me you should be used to having few models on the table at 1000 points but at least with Chaos you have the choice of going the other way and filling it out with cheap Marauders but this can be expensive on the purse strings and also for me what Chaos is all about is the Warriors. A 2+ save (In CC) on basic Troops as well as hitting hard if you equip them right is something that other armies can only dream about.

Same as what the above poster said the best and worse thing about Chaos is everything is so expensive in the army. I would definately get the batallion as it contains everything that you will be using in a basic force. Add a hero from your favourite God or go undivided and away you go. If I was you I would also treat myself to a unit of Marauder Horsemen as these are great in 1000 point battles.

If you have a competitive streak it's quite nice to get Mark of Nurgle on your Chaos Warriors and also if you decide to go Nurgle you can add the fantastic Nurgle Sorcerer model to your force.

Hope this helps a little.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

As said before, a Battalion and a hero will land you around 1000 points right off the bat. Chaos Warriors and Knights are expensive, but they hit really hard, can take some hits before going down, and are extremely customizable. Best of all, we've got Marauders and Hounds as cheap fodder to give us some screen, bait, or static combat res.

Any particular style of play or mix of Chaos gods catch your fancy?
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

+ Reply to Thread