Characters in warriors and chosen units? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

Characters in warriors and chosen units?

Why would someone put a lord or hero in a unit of warriors or chosen when the killing power of the units and leadership in easily above the enemy units. If you put one in a unit of marauders it would be deadly with all the killing power and static combat res.

Thoughts?

Daemonic cheese-how? Well, you would need to start with daemonic milk, i guess...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

~Yes, a lot of people do put their heroes and lord in their marauders. That's what i always do, if they're not in knights. A big block of marauders with lt armour and shields and slaanesh, because i usually fail those darn fear tests...

~It provides a huge amount of static combat res with ranks and outnumbering.

I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

Agreed. If you do put a Chaos Lord/Exalted Hero in a unit of marauders a good investment is the Helm of Many Eyes and a greatweapon or something to increase their strength as they can clear some enemy models before they get the opportunity to strike at your marauders.

JvK
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x7)

I recently wrote a post here: http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...cs-chosen.html (Tactics with chosen), where I described two good units of Chosen. I strongly feel that Exalted Champions have a pplace among the Chosen.
    "The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

Personally I feel that putting characters in a unit of Chosen is like putting too many eggs in one basket. Its personal preference but Chosen can generally handle themselves.

JvK
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

I stick my hero's in knight and warrior units mostly out of fluff purposes.

Unless you are running a pure marauder horde it makes sense to me that my general would stick to his elite retinue and not go off leading the hanger-ons to his warhost. Thats just me though.

I also don't use my marauders to kill stuff though, the hold it up until I can flank charge with my warriors or knights.
    "I am the architect of fate!"

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1466 (x8)

I normally do the same giving my Marauders the Mark of Slaanesh to keep them in fights long enough for me to do something about what they are fighting. Though a character in the unit does make them a little more useful.

JvK

A legend in my own mind.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

My chosen come out to be about as much as a unit of knights. I tend to put my mounted lord/hero in a unit of knights. I have no foot heroes to try the marauder idea on.
    If a Million Guardsmen die, that's a statistic. If one marine dies, that's a tragedy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

thats a good point, many people dont have any hero's on foot, especially when a barded steed gives our sorcerers a massive 2+ save.
    "I am the architect of fate!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i tend to use a very marauder heavy force but with good solid units of knights and dragon orgres as flankers as they tend(lol or try to) to smash at least one flank up and laugh as i just walk across the enemy.
    i use characters on foot, not all but sometimes. enough shooting at a lone mounted mage can still put him down with ease, also marauders do help from the added punch if you want the force to be alittle more balanced it will work.
    coz you dont want a super lord ina unit of chosen costing 600+ pionts only to die from a few spells thrown at them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast