~Lord on Chaos Steed model? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

~Lord on Chaos Steed model?

~Could the Lord of Daemonic Mount, the new model, physically fit on a 25 x 50 bas? I know it comes on a 50 x 50 base, but there is no model for a lord on a chaos steed and the daemonic mount looks just like a barded chaos steed, so i was wondering- if people have the daemonic mount model, could it fit on a 25 x 50 base?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Well, with some fancy basing, it probably could. A rocky precipice jutting up could buy you some more space if you needed it. Do you have a link to it on GW's site.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Quendi d'Jhaelian View Post
    ~Could the Lord of Daemonic Mount, the new model, physically fit on a 25 x 50 bas?
    It can and I did

It's pretty straightforward "guy sits on standing horse", no wide pose, so it fits in length and width (not much room left though so make sure you positioned it straight for future deployment in rank & file models).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is definitely doable, but is it legal? with 40k i know base sizes dont really matter, but fantasy is different. to use in tournies and the such dont you need to use the base provided?
    When in doubt, more Bloodcrushers

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

If you're going to use the model as a plain old lord on a steed, 25x50 is fine. If you're going to run it as a demonic mount that hsa 3 wounds, then it should be on the 50x50 as it's a monstrous mount.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You would probably have a better case to put it on a 25x50 with the new book out than before, as all those mark specific mounts and the standard demonic mount are down to just 1 wound, and therefore I think you would have a much better chance pleading the case that they are closer to a normal horse as opposed to the monstrous mounts they appeared to be in the older book.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stevethepirate View Post
    it is definitely doable, but is it legal? with 40k i know base sizes dont really matter, but fantasy is different. to use in tournies and the such dont you need to use the base provided?

Although 25x50 is not provided, it is the official base size for a normal chaos steed. So whether that is legal for an official tourney? Any tourney that rules simple conversions like this as illegal is not a tourney in which I participate with which I mean to say that I simply don't know... I assume DavidVC04 knows best.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Mithras1880 View Post
    I assume DavidVC04 knows best.
    Don't do that! I'm speculating. I don't have the book with me as I'm away from home for the holidays.

chaosmaddie makes a good point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

As long as you are using the model as a Lord on a normal chaos steed then there is no problem with basing it on a 25x50 base. Just know that once you do this you can't use it as a daemonic mount since it is on a cavalry base (not that I would ever choose a daemonic mount over a barded chaos steed anyways!).

It also helps that the mount looks like a normal chaos steed anyways. Also good to know that it fits on a cavalry base, as that is what I was planning on doing.
    "I am the architect of fate!"

I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

Oh it works just fine. The great thing about the model is that the chaos lord fits on both the daemonic mount and a chaos steed from the chaos knight box set.
    With this in mind I simply painted both the chaos lord and the mount and then painted a chaos steed from the knights box for him. That way I can choose what mount I want for him depending on the size of game I'm playing without having to worry about basing issues.

JvK
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast