2k WoC Army list...suggestions? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2k WoC Army list...suggestions?

lord: chaos lord
    -mark of tzneetch
    -word of pain
    -brass collar of khorne
    -armor of damnnation
    -sword of rending

heroes: chaos sorcerer
    -level 2
    -book of secrets
    -power familiar
    -mark of tzneetch

wulfrik the wanderer

core:
    marauders(20 )
    -mark of slaanesh
    -light armor
    -shields
    -champion

marauders(16)(wulfriks wanderer's)
    -mark of slaanesh
    -light armor
    -shields
    -full command

warriors of chaos(12)
    -mark of nurgle
    -additional hand weapons
    -festering shroud
    -full command

warriors of chaos(12)
    -mark of tzneetch
    -shields
    -full command

marauder horsemen(5)
    -light armor
    -throwing axes
    -full command

Chaos warhounds(5)
    -scaly skin(6+)

Chaos warhounds(5)
    -scaly skin(6+)

special:
    Chaos Knights(5)
    -mark of tzneetch
    -ensorcelled weapons
    -full command
    -blasted standard

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

army can be built using the following boxed sets

(all $ in canadian funds)
    WoC battalion $105
    marauder horsemen $35
    marauder regiment $25
    Warriors of chaos regiment $35
    sorc of tzneetch blister $14
    chaos lord blister $14
    wulfrik the wanderer blister $18
    total of $246

not too bad =O

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

You may have problems with magic only running 1 mage with no scrolls.

I'd drop your Lord down to an Exalted (still plenty killy) and get another Sorc with some scrolls. For an Exalted, I find the Sword of Might and Talisman of Protection to be a nice combo for very cheap. With the last 15 pts you could go for the Bronze Armor of Zhrakk or upgrade to the Collar of Khorne.

If you're taking the Book, I'd highly recommend the Infernal Puppet to protect against miscasts. Give one Sorc the Puppet and the other can have the Book and a Dispel Scroll. Barded Steeds would also be nice for them to improve their armor and mobility.

Wulfrik's buddies would be better if they had more ranks, consider giving him 24 or so and then taking 12 Marauders with flails and Mark of Khorne. They're cheap and hit really hard.

The Nurgle Warriors would use shields, Tzeentch Warriors are fine (I prefer Slaanesh for immunity to Fear, Terror, and Panic).

Hounds don't need scaly skin, they are there to die anyway. Be sure to keep them more than 6" away from your army so you won't panic when they break or get wiped out.

I prefer Flails on Marauder Horsemen, they've got a low BS for throwing things.

Knights look good, consider the Banner of Rage instead for some truly scary Knights.

You have a good start, but your lack of magic defense will hurt. I'd also look into getting more speedy units so your Knights don't end up all alone after out running the rest of your army. You can convert your characters on steeds from plastic Knights too, so that can save you some money.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey, thanks for the suggestions:

I in regards to the nurgle warriors using shields, I don't think that fits really, they are really tough warriors who can shrug off any normal attack and love to spread disease, more attacks = more chance at spreading (fluff-wise anyways) also, i chose xtra hand weapons to I can charge with them and use the tzneetch marked warriors with shields as a refused flank defender. also, because i wanted them to have the xtra weapons for the extra attacks, they needed some form of defense since they whr losing their shields, and since the shields only matter in CC using the nurgle WS/BS reduction seemed a fair trade

the blasted standard with mark of txneetch on the knights is to keep them up and alive until they make it into combat where they truly get the upper hand with a nasty 2 S5 attacks each and their mounts also.

magic protection wise- the lord with the collar can use his MR2 if it's an aoe spell and the tzneetch marks will provide some nice saves.

you're right tho i need more dispell dice. so ill downgrade from lord to hero and add 2nd sorc probably with mark of nurgle to fit the fluff and b/c i have that model already hehe

you're suggestions whr good but you're really leaving yourself open to destruction before you get into CC, also with the will of chaos rule, im not too worried about panic and fear, etc...
    Last edited by Hurtinator; December 27th, 2008 at 18:26.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also, the marauders have the throwing axes b/c as fast cav they can shoot on the first turn after a flee/rally check so it gives them a chance to get back into the game after a feigned flight manouver.

+ Reply to Thread