Post your favorite character build(s)! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post your favorite character build(s)!

My favorite character build so far is:

Sorceror, lvl 2.
    Mark of Tzeentch
    Disc of Tzeentch
    Golden eye of Tzeentch
    Bloodcurdling Roar

Total: 205 Points

I think this guy is amazing. He has a 3+ armour save, a 3+ ward save against ranged attacks, and can dish out some hurt against heavy cav. He even has 25 points of magic items left that he can put into a scroll or any other item you want. He could even do a bit of warmachine hunting if you get in a bind.

No, I don't have any wool.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

ISIS Secret Agent Squishy mpdscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x7)

In a way I'm disappointed that the only way you can do a "barechested frothing madman" build is with a Lord, so I've got what I call a Marauder Lord.

Chaos Lord with Mark of Khorne, Gift - Distendable Maw, Skinhidden Plate, Sword of Might, Talisman of Protection, Favour of the Gods, Shield, Chaos Steed (Barded)
    You could always put him on a Jugger, but this guy can almost hide in with the Knights or Horsemen...
    For just under 400 points, you get a 1+ save on a S6, T6, 6 attack psycho who can chow down on any (preferably low Initiative) model if he wants to. Yeah....not always handy, but always disheartening...and eternally amusing.

I have a Slaaneshi Lady I call "Debbie from Dallas" who uses the Armour of Damnation to keep her alive until the Beguiling Gem does it's job and allows her a guarranteed hit with the Distendable Maw. All for around 390 points.

But I think my favourite is the Battle Sorcerer Lord, who uses the Bloodskull Pendant and a Warrior Familiar to guarrantee a S5 hit, and at least one S8 Killing Blow hit each round he's in close combat. He is truely evil. He doesn't need to cast to kill, but he can do that too.
    Mysterious Member of the ANZAC Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x1)

I like my multipurpose exalted:

exalted hero
    mark of tzeentch
    disc of tzeentch
    flail
    shield
    book of secrets
    collar of khorne

I use him in a magic-heavy list, which means if I roll a 2 with lore of fire, I'll get the flaming sword though, and he's got 5 attacks at S8 that always hit no 2+ . Otherwise, he's still got a very respectable 4 attacks at S7 which is more then enough to smash through warmachine crews or even take a chance at a unit of knights. and he can cast fireball (if I roll anything other than fiery blast or flaming sword of rhuin).
    In addition to that he's got a 2+ AS (3+ in close combat with flail), 5+ ward and MR(2).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

chaos lord
    mark of tzeentch
    brass collar of khorne
    armor of damnnation
    rending sword
    bloodcurdling roar

nice multi talented cc option

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exalted Hero
    Mark of Khorne
    Jugernaught
    Shield
    Axe of Khorne
    Favor of the Gods

First of all Chaos characters have to be all about the challenge, Eye of the Gods speceal rule pretty much demands that. (this is why I don't have an army standard bearer)

Favor of the Gods is so cheap it is a no brainer. Actually since you can only use it once I usually put it on my lord.

When you are in a challenge killing blow is the best since just about anyone (who would be a threat) will likely have multiple wounds and good armor. Pluss the Axe of Khorne leaves you point left over for favor of the gods.

I go with the mark of Khorne becasue I love the jugernaught. 0+ save any one. you still get a pretty good sv vs, Str 5 and Str 6 attacks.
    Don't forget that your mount gets frenzy if you have it. So your Jugernaught delivers 4 str 4 attacks.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

For my MArauder Hoard army
    This is my 'all rounder' general, and he usually sees me well, He's Accompanied by a unit of chosen as befits his lord status (what lord would be seen wandering around with a unit of marauders? Buy some mates!) He generally does the Challenge, takes a beating and doesn't die while his unit trashes the enemy.
    Chaos lord
    -Armour of Damnation
    -Crown of Everlasting Conquest
    -Favour of the gods
    -Halberd/Great weapon
    He can take a pounding and dish out 5 Strength 7 attacks. more if that lovely warshrine gives him an extra attack.

But Generaly I play smaller games so it's usualy this guy who leads a warrior/knight army.
    Exalted Chimp
    -Sword of Might
    -Shield
    -Collar of Khorne
    -Mk of Tzeentch
    -Deamonic mount (I'd go for a steed but i had an archaon in my bits box so what the hell)

This guy is Fairly Killy, can beat the snot out of most things. The Magic resistance 2 helps loads and so does the 5+ Ward Save. Not that he's done very well.........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since you brought it up.
    My favorate all time character (though it isn't exactly a build)
    is
    Archaon Lord of the End of Days

That being said, he just cost too many points for any game under 3K

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Champion, MoK, Juggernaut, Shield, Flail, War Banner

Usually my BSB and General, this guy is fairly tough, can respond to trouble areas quickly, and adds +2 combat res plus whatever he kills. Overall a very nice and (relatively) inexpensive BSB.

Champion, Mok, Juggernaut, Shield, Sword of Striking, Bronze Armor, Favor of the Gods

I usually prefer the Sword of Striking over the Sword of Might or Battle. - The ability to hit on 2s makes it more effective against the elves I usually face (I wound on 2's with S5).
    Trust in your core choices - love them, hate them, wish them dead to clear charges, but remember that come end they will pull off a miracle for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lord borak View Post
    Exalted Chimp
    XD I hope you did that on purpose, 'cause I found it hilarious. I literally almost laughed out loud in class.

Ahahaha... Chimps in chaos armour. Ahaha!
    No, I don't have any wool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In all my other armies (and in previouse versions of Chaos) I always had a battle standard bearer.
    But since they have to be characters and characters have to always challenge, and accept challenge, they just become too easy to kill. Especiall if you give him a good army standard aka magic.

The eye of the gods rule should never be ignored whenever you build a character. BSB wizard or anything else, remember they are going to be hard to keep out of challenges

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast