Defeating High Elves with My Chaos Army??? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Defeating High Elves with My Chaos Army???

Hi I play Chaos and I mainly face a high elf army but its really hard for me to come up with a win against him and I think its becuase my strategy is poor. Here is my army list: Chaos LordMokJuggernautAxe of KhorneArmour of MorrisliebPendant of SlaaneshDiabolic SplendourAcid Ichor325 ptsExalted HeroMokChaos SteedBSBDoom TotemSoporific Musk245 pts5 units of 5 Warhounds150 pts3 Units of 5 Marauder HorsemenMoSFlails255 pts5 Knights of ChaosMokFull Command280 pts5 knights of ChaosMokFull Command280 pts5 Knights of ChaosMokFull CommandBanner of Rage315 ptsChaos ChariotMok150 pts2000/2000 points Here is what he uses. I dont know the exact list but this is what models he plays with1 Archmage1 mage1 mage/noble2 Units of 15 lothern seaguard5 silver helms10 swordmasters10 white lions15 phoenix guard1 lion chariot2 bolt throwers1 empire cannonMy current strategy is to line my knights up behind my warhounds and use them to screen the knights and then I charge with the knights. I also dont really know strategically where to place my Marauder horsemen. I usually just put them in the middle and run them straight and see what they can do. As Im typing this im noticing just how dumb my strategy really is so all your help would be great. Thank you all in advance

Last edited by SkaBoi; December 31st, 2008 at 03:17.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really dont know why it posted like this Im sorry for the complication. This post can be deleted!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of all, you should take the MoK off the Knights with the banner of rage, as they are already frenzied by the banner. Putting the MoN on them would make them more effective and survivable.

Second, you should use your units of Marauder Cav to hit the bolt throwers. They will take them out easily. If you can line it up so that your hounds can charge the bolt throwers when the knights charge something else you should be set as well. Have the chariot hit the Swordmasters, they are the biggest threat. If for some reason you can't, get the MoN knights into the swordmasters. You will take a wound or two, but you will dish out the damage in return and will most likely win combat.

The rest of your knights should be protecting the MoN/Banner of Rage knights and knocking up the lothern sea guard and maybe the white lions. Stay away from the Phoenix Guard, they won't be killed easily. Leave them for last OR if you can, flank them.
    Last edited by BlackSheep; December 31st, 2008 at 04:50.
    No, I don't have any wool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow you have no idea how much you just helped me thank you so much!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chariots, chariots, chariots. Point for point almost nothing else in your army stands up to HE elite infantry.

The problem is that HE get to combine great weapons (they now have a high enough strength to hurt your rock hard warriors) with the fact that they always go first.

Sword masters especially throw 11 str 5 ws 6 attacks at you beore you can do anything.

Unless you are a chariot. 1d6 + 1 str 5 hits on elves really mashes elves. Remember impact hits happen even beore ASF

Also if you give the them the mark of Khorne then each warrior now makes three attacks and each horse now makes 2 attacks, that is a total of 6 str 5 attacks and 4 str 4 attacks. What ever elves survive the impact should get pretty messed up by that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's just reformat here...
    • Chaos Lord, Mok, Juggernaut, Axe of Khorne, Armour of Morrislieb, Pendant of Slaanesh, Diabolic Splendour, Acid Ichor
    • Exalted Hero - Mok, Chaos Steed, BSB, Doom Totem, Soporific Musk,
    • 5x 5 Warhounds
    • 3x 5 Marauder Horsemen - MoS, Flails
    • 5 Knights of Chaos - Mok, Full Command
    • 5 Knights of Chaos - Mok, Full Command
    • 5 Knights of Chaos - Mok, Full Command, Banner of Rage
    • Chaos Chariot - Mok
    Here is what he uses. I dont know the exact list but this is what models he plays with[list][*]Archmage [*]Mage [*]Mage/noble[*]2x 15 Seaguard[*]5 Silver Helms[*]10 Swordmasters[*]10 White lions[*]15 Phoenix guard[*]1 Lion chariot[*]2 Bolt throwers[*]1 Empire Cannon/list]
    Firstly, and dear god why did you not mention this, you are going to need some magic defense. You will need at least one Pandemonium and a scroll or two. Drop the Lord for a Sorcerer Lord - I'd go unmarked with Lore of Heavens for the unlimited range magic missiles and the 4+ ward save. Give him the Third Eye and Conjoined Homunculus, as well as a Spell Familiar and Black Tongue and your choice of items. If you'd like you can arm him up and stick him in a unit of Knights or Marauders.

I'd also recommend two more mages, one with the Puppet and one with the Skull. Make both Tzeentch and pray for Pandemonium.

The BSB can stay, but that particular banner isn't great against HE. Take either the War Banner or Banner of Wrath. Oh, and for the love of all that is holy, give him a shield. Give everyone a shield. All the time. I don't care if he uses a Great Weapon, it's 5 points for +1 Armor against shooting. Do it.

You core choices look alright, but I'd recommend MoK instead of MoS - it doubles your attacks.

Warhounds are great. Make a beeline for his Bolt Throwers and Cannon.

I'd consider dropping one unit of Knights for a Large Base regiment, either Ogres, Dragon Ogres, or Trolls. If your opponent is smart, he'll be taking Lore of Metal against all that armor, and a low armor save, high wound unit should put a kink in that plan.
    Last edited by raverrn; January 6th, 2009 at 19:32.
    Trust in your core choices - love them, hate them, wish them dead to clear charges, but remember that come end they will pull off a miracle for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Switch out the MoK on the unit with the Banner of Rage for the MoN. They will be more survivable, and you won't be wasting points. Having MoK with BoR is redundant, and there are no benefits for two instances of frenzy--unfortunately.
    No, I don't have any wool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those puny elves really have their weaknesses

Spend your points on special choices, take less units but make them very powerfull

-My block of chosen with mark of nurgle and banner of rage absolutely destroy swordmasters
    The -1 weaponskill of the swordmasters gives them only WS6 against your WS7, so they only hit you in 4+(don't buy your normal warriors against swordmasters)

-chariots!

-send your hounds and marauder cavalry (dont give them upgrades,pointsink) as a screen towards their bolt throwers

-wulfrik will hunt bolt throwers from the side

-deploy to only the right side or left side heavily so he can't target your main units all the time because your hounds and marauder cavalry block the vision of their bolt throwers

-Go magic heavy tzeetch(skull of catam with the doll lvl4 tzeetch, lvl2 nurgle/tzeetch), get pandeamonium off!

-knights are always a good choice but dont let them get targeted by bolt throwers or lion chariots, a bit of a risky unit against them. play smart!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by InquisitorHrathen View Post
    Chariots, chariots, chariots. Point for point almost nothing else in your army stands up to HE elite infantry.

This chap has it in one dude. against high elves chaos charriots are just evil. strike first eh? well thast seen too, the strength 5 will mash up all their infantry units.
    Against Hight Elves my Charriots are just the star players. They're to tough and well armoured for their missile troops to hurt. And their so tough they will weather the worst of the magic.
    Plus they'd be a nice themed add on for your all mounted army o' doom.

Give your sorcerers a few scrolls to nulify the worst of his magic

Hounds are another little Gem, lots of little units as you have done, they can block line of sight and hunt down bolt throwers and mages.

A good Item for your lord is the Rune shield, you don't really need the strength bonus as you're wounding them on 2's with your fists. So something that nulifies their nasty armour ignoring weapons is really worth it's weight in gold. Plus that lovely little Item the Collar of Khorne (it gives you magic resistance 2) is a lovely little trick up your sleeve.

Also, what about giving those Marauder horsemen Throwing axes? If he has a mage on his own he'll regret that.

Other than that? I'd just agree with the other chaps.

Good Hunting (I hate High Elves by the way!)
    PS, Crucify a high elf on a banner, that can be your doom totem just for him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    83 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by lord borak View Post
    PS, Crucify a high elf on a banner, that can be your doom totem just for him
    Haha! I was thinking of doing this, actually. Combo Dwarf/Lizardmen corpses strapped to my BSB, purely for the benefit of my regular opponents.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast