making them suck at LD - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Groningen, the Netherlands
    1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

101 (x3)

making them suck at LD

I posted my list using these strats in the armylist section, but I would like to go more in depth on the strategy here.

The list uses LD based items/skills/spells.

Diabolic splendour; lowering fear/terror/panic test caused by unit he is with.
    Lore of Death; lowering LD and pure dmg spells.
    Fear, Terror, etc; triggering LD tests.
    Doom Totem; lowering LD for all thos who can see it.
    Hell Cannon; triggering panic test at -1.
    Pandemonium; cannot use higher ld's for tests.

Thats what I can think of out of my head.

Put the banning in the center of the army, I put him in a unit of trolls.
    The unit is very resilient, and the more dmg it takes, the sicker they get.
    Becaus he is in the front/center of your army he has the best position for showing the banner.
    Plus he has the Diabolic Splendour and his unit causes fear, -2ld for fear tests.

Shoot with the Hell Cannon at unit with a line of sight to the banner, causing -2ld panic tests.

Take a lvl4 Sorcerer using the lore of Death to lower the ld by 3 and forcing more tests.

Pandemonium makes sure they cannot use the LD from characters. You have to get the skill, so I get a Spell Familiar for a lvl2 Tzeentch sorcerer.

Maybe put a filthmace on a hero to make him cause terror. But you have to get a extra hero for this one, so it a bit expencive. Optional for bigger point battles.

I haven't had enough time to try it out yet, I'll do that asap.
    Are there more ''combo's'' for this strategy?
    Ofc the major flaw with this one is immune to Psychology, I know. But its not supposed to be tournament viable, fun only

sorry for the short- and shabbyness of the post, I don't have allot of time atm, will try to post more later. I thought I'd give you something to think about in the mean time.

My WoC assembly/paint log! check it out. UPDATED 03-11-'11!
    Check out my guide on how to make Treekin.
    Please feel free to correct my spelling.

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

16 (x2)

add a dragon or a giant for immediate terror checks and that list could see a good portion of enemy armies running for their lives.

+ Reply to Thread