Glaive of putrefaction - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glaive of putrefaction

Hey all! New to this forum and i have a quick question.
    Models hit by the glavie are reduced to 2 str and toughness.
    Does that work for hydras and giants and other big creatues also? Or is it only man-sized models?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The rules for it don't mention anything about affecting specific targets except that the target model has it's stats reduced after taking one wound from the weapon, so I'd take that as literal. I'm also making use of that item myself as well.
    Last edited by Nakkai_the_Wanderer; January 12th, 2009 at 22:51.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As i thought.
    Cheers for the reply.
    I often face a war hydra and next time im for sure gona put a glaive on disk riding hero and charge right into that 5 headed beast!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Ok, just remember that it only happens at the end of the turn, so if you do wound it it will still attack you back at full power, and wounding a hydra isn't the easiest thing, considering you have 4 attacks hitting on 3s, which should be 2 or 3 hits, then you would on either 4s or 5s (hydra's T?), which should be a bit above 1 wound, and then you have to get past a 6+ armour save and regen, so you only really have about a 50% chance of wounding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    83 (x2)

Yeah. Be certain to kit out your character with the right gear to survive the first round of counter-attacks. Armor of Morrslieb w/ Mark of Tzeentch gives you a 3+ Ward against non-magical attacks, for instance. But if you're kitting out a Hero, as opposed to a Lord, you only have 25 points left for additional magic items after the Glaive ...
    Last edited by Dfred; January 12th, 2009 at 22:26.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Could always chuck it on a chosen champion.........

Nasty little trick i've done before, Festus casts curse of the leper on say a giant then after 2 turns it's -2 S and T. So if you wound it with the glaive it goes down to S & T 2.......... with a -2 on that it dies....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lord borak View Post
    Could always chuck it on a chosen champion.........

Nasty little trick i've done before, Festus casts curse of the leper on say a giant then after 2 turns it's -2 S and T. So if you wound it with the glaive it goes down to S & T 2.......... with a -2 on that it dies....
    The Glaive only reduces the S & T of an individual model to 2, not reduce those two stats by 2. But I see your point about the Giant dying, cause Curse of the Leper raises in stat reduction for every magic turn it is in play.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

sadly, this is another case of almost by GW. This weapon sounds great at first glance, but then you get into these kind of discussions and then think back to all your battle experience and think "When have any of my combats lasted more 2-3 turns max?"

The answer is very few indeed, so while reducing the enemies' T and S to 2 sounds good at first, you could just save 20+points and give your guy a flail or something and beat him in the first round of combat and then run him down, like most combats go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    83 (x2)

True, you'd have to have a fairly specific role in mind for the character. I guess there's a reason it's one of cheapest magical weapons available ...
    Last edited by Dfred; January 13th, 2009 at 19:39.

+ Reply to Thread