Where do you stick your sorcerers? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

Where do you stick your sorcerers?

This question is mostly for non tzeentch sorcerers who can't use the disc of course.

I had a couple 1k games the other day and I have to say my sorcerer was really paying off in spades. The problem was that I had him in a unit of chaos warriors, and I ended up not wanting them to get in combat so that the sorcerer could keep up with his magical domination.

I am considering sticking him in a unit of marauders instead but I'm having trouble deciding. On the one hand I can get my warriors in where they are needed without any qualms, on the other my sorcerer is in a far squishier (albeit larger) unit that might not be able to protect him as well if close combat is unavoidable.

So where do yours usually go?

"I am the architect of fate!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never put my sorcerers in units, 8 inches is enough movement to pop in an out of LOS to your enemies behind your own units, and to stay out of charge range.

to answer your question, I stick them behind a unit of warriors until I move him out to the side to cast on the enemy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lately, I have been putting them in Chariots, it gives them a nice save, makes the chariot unit strength 5, gives decent movement, and should only be in combat for one round at a time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    83 (x2)

Depends on terrain, for me. If there's a lot of trees, I enjoy using them to dictate LOS to my Sorcerer on foot. Just be sure to keep more than 2" of forest between him and whatever you don't want shooting/magiking his ass. I'll often take a Sorcerer with Shadow for (hopefully) Unseen Lurker (I'm a huge fan of movement based magic, having been a long time TK player), and Steed of Shadow is great for evacing him when the enemy starts to press. Also, I'm a big fan of mounted sorcerers with fast cav and magic missles. Probably another hold over from my TK days. Of course, the disc is the end all. I love it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

I almost always put them on a mount in a horsemen unit, but sometimes I put him in a knight ubit (he is basicly a knight without enscrolled weapons).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am recently begining with woc so take this with a grain of salt, but i am mainly concerened with movement so i typically place them on a horse with my fast cav- if not on a disc. i like mine marked with nurgle, but one question i have is has anyone used the slaneshi demonic mount? i can't understand why anyone would use it, even though it is a cool model. lastly i have recently tried using Festus with a unit of warrior geared w/ shields and additional hand wepons. with the added regeneration save i wasn't worried about endagering him at all- and the additional poisoned attacks was sick, he more than earned his points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Why would you not use it? The only reason I don't is because I use a tzeentch themed list, but if I didn't I would use them all the time. They have movement 10, meaning they have the same movement as a disk most of the time, they can join units until they have to leave unlike a disk, they give +1 AS, fear, what more do you really want?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Other than in My case when my wizard (AKA Mr Explody) implodes??

I have them running around on their own.
    Recently i've been using two sorcerers (Twins in Fluff) and they run around together.
    They're Both Tzeentch and ones got the Skull of Katam so they're both getting +2 to cast...

I used to have my sorcerers in units but this whole challenge thing has kind of changed all that.

+ Reply to Thread