Random Thought: Festus + Warriors w/ 2HW + MoK - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    83 (x2)

Random Thought: Festus + Warriors w/ 2HW + MoK

The title says it all. Simply a random consideration: Slap chubby ol' Festus into a unit of Warriors with the MoK. Now you're rocking 15 attacks w/ poison and a 5+ regeneration saves for your shieldless maniacs. Seems like a great way to mow down rank and file, and if you happen to luck out with a pursuit roll, double victory points yummy yummy.

Of course, I can see a number of downsides. Festus must challenge. Against a unit with a champion and no character, whatever. But if your canny opponent forces you to charge a unit with any kind of combat oriented character, poor Festus is in for a whoopin'. Maybe he'll get lucky and regenerate ... but I doubt it.

Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sound good. One question though: is it allowed to put a Nurgle Marked character in a unit with the Mark of Khorne? (aside from te fluff).

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Yeah you can do it. You don't have to have him as festus though, could have him as some kind of herald or preacher of khorne and the 5+ regen is him working the warriors up into some manical frenzy (like Death compay on BLood Angels)

I've done this combo (not with the Mark of Khorne though)
    It's pretty Reliable and nasty unit, good for taking the charge from knights and the like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SmallerDeamon View Post
    Sound good. One question though: is it allowed to put a Nurgle Marked character in a unit with the Mark of Khorne? (aside from te fluff).

It is ultra unfluffy, but there are no rules in the new WoC book that prevent it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

83 (x2)

Ultra unfluffy according to old school Chaos. Today's progressive Chaos Gods are team players! I mean, sure, you won't see Khorne giving Tzeentch a back rub anytime soon (that's Slannesh's thing) ... overall, the working environment is much less hostile.

If Festus is in a unit with a champion, can I have the champ issue a challenge first? Assuming there's only one model in the enemy unit capable of accepting, this leaves no one left for Festus to challenge. Would this be illegal according to EotG?
    Last edited by Dfred; January 13th, 2009 at 19:31.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Unfortunately you can't do that, unless you have a warshrine that is. Basicly with a champ and character, the character has to challenge, but either can accept one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

83 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by very_original View Post
    Unfortunately you can't do that, unless you have a warshrine that is. Basicly with a champ and character, the character has to challenge, but either can accept one.
    Hmm. I really wanna try it. Guess I'll build a list around a warshrine, just for giggles.

Additional randomness: I just scored a Kordel Shorgarr model off eBay! Woo! Considering how easy it is to convert a BSB, I officially have more money than brains! Hooray disposable income (sort of ... let's just say: the wife will never know). Off topic, much?

+ Reply to Thread