Big Names - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Big Names

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

Big Names

After reading that warshrine conversion thread I'd thought it'd be cool to hear what some of you have started calling certain models based on game performances.

Currently I have 2 that have stuck.
    1)
    My musician of my first painted chaos knight unit. His name is "The Slayer of Skinks"
    To start the game his unit went up against kroxigors and him and 1 fellow knight were left. His buddy got shot to death(the always dreaded roll of a 1 with a 2+ save). That left him all alone in the corner of enemy territory. I said, what the hell and charged him into 12 skinks. He survived the stand and shoot and proceeded to win 2 combats before he got rear charged by 2 terridon riders. He proceeded to kill both terradons(1 had a wound) in their first round and finally the skinks failed a break test. He ran them down, but this caused another skink unit of 12 with a priest to panic and run into impassable terrain.

That one knight cleared out an entire table quarter.
    Going to mod him with some skink heads.

2)
    My Lord on chaos steed has dubbed himself the vampire hunter.
    He charged out of my chosen into a corpse cart and tie combat. My opponent got greedy and moved his vamp lord and hero behind the cart some to get better LoS on some of my knights, which he then proceeded to blast into a pile of bones. Well on his turn my lord destroyed the cart somehow. On my turn my lord charged his vamp hero drove his axe of khorne through his chest and overran into the vamp lord, who he killed on the next turn.

I still lost, but it easily turned a 2000+ massacre in a 900 point solid victory.

What stories do you guys got?

Last edited by Pinkus; January 26th, 2009 at 21:17.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

how did you lose after destroying a CC, and 2 vamps? Did your guys run from outnumber and fear? Usually I can't even get into position to get to that many vampires.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

I lost because he had 3 casters that knew the entire lore of metal and he was killing off 300 points of models every magic phase.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

172 (x7)

My nurgle sorcerer is now known as elfbane. I had a 1k game with him against my friends dark elves where he single handedly destroyed 2 and a half units with blood curdling roar and a 2d6 magic missile he got from his book of secrets.

Then his unit got word of pained and overrun, but it was still an amazing display of chaos sorcery.

I hope my Tzeentch daemon prince can measure up to such a role model.
    "I am the architect of fate!"

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

279 (x7)

Convert the mage into a daemonprince. No clue how you could do this, but it'd be a nice story. The sorcerer displayed such great power that tzeentch wanted him as his own and rose him to daemonhood!

Or if you just get a completely different model you can still use the same story.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

I had one mad game. I was in a Tounament. I was up against some beardy wood elf player who had reduced me to 2 models in 4 turns.

My Battle standard and my bray shaman (old list)

My battle standard was the last man left in the unit after 2 Wood elf hero's and a lord with great weapons ate his unit. He proceded to pass he LD test.

My bray shaman cast bears anger on him on double 6, turning my BSB into a maddened angry bear. he then ripped the WE lord to peices, surviced the hero's attacks, won combat and chased down both hero's and overran into a glade guard unit.

He was charged by a unit of war dancers and a branchwraith. He challenged the killing blowing wardancer champion. Reduced him to a red smear, Broke both units and the hero. run all bar the branch wraith down. Who he then charged and made flee off the board.

This ONE guy turned a masacre into a draw. I was SO chuffed. My opponent wasnt. hehehe.

Oh, and my giant on one wound took down 2 treemen before getting peppered by every bow weilding elf on the board

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

172 (x7)

Thats the one thing I wish I could have experienced before the different flavors of chaos got split up.

I would love to know what it feels like to cast bears anger on something like a Chaos Lord...
    "I am the architect of fate!"

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Something like Ws8 str 7 T6 with 8 attacks with frenzy?? pretty nasty lol.

You can get a vampire lord with the bears anger spell. thats the same lines of nasty.
    I do that for my were wolf army. Use the rules for ghouls for the core.

He's Mv 9. the ghouls units get to move before the game. so 8" then if i go first the vampire charges out the unit (charge of 18") casts bears anger on himself (the other 3 know it too) and rips something to merry hell.
    First turn combo with 8 str 7 attacks, with hatred?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine would have to be my spawn of chaos with the mark of khorne, in my very first battle with chaos(old codex, rules) he charged a unit of 25 saurus warriors with full command and kept them there for three turns before killing enough of them to win the battle and overran them, then later he kept the killing a serious number of small units of fast cav and keeping a gate open in a 4000pts siege match and gaining enough points to win us the game both times earning the title "dude of the match" and is what i usually keep calling him

one of my other not so glamorous titles is my chaos lord on deamonic mount equipped with chaos rune shield, helm of many eyes and a great wep (also old rule great wep for big nasties/chariots) charging a empire cannon crew and missing and failing all to wound rolls then got a wound back that my +3 armour save couldn’t save and draw the combat, he slaughtered them in the next turn but still wasting a whole turn not looking for other units to kill earning him "flop of the match"
    "The next time I do fight,
    I'll make death love me; for I will contend
    Even with his pestilent scythe."
    Atony & Cleopatra Scene XIII

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine would have to be my spawn of chaos with the mark of khorne, in my very first battle with chaos(old codex, rules) he charged a unit of 25 saurus warriors with full command and kept them there for three turns before killing enough of them to win the battle and overran them, then later he kept the killing a serious number of small units of fast cav and keeping a gate open in a 4000pts siege match and gaining enough points to win us the game both times earning the title "dude of the match" and is what i usually keep calling him

one of my other not so glamorous titles is my chaos lord on deamonic mount equipped with chaos rune shield, helm of many eyes and a great wep (also old rule great wep for big nasties/chariots) charging a empire cannon crew and missing and failing all to wound rolls then got a wound back that my +3 armour save couldn’t save and draw the combat, he slaughtered them in the next turn but still wasting a whole turn not looking for other units to kill earning him "flop of the match"

grr double posted
    Last edited by Draco69au; February 1st, 2009 at 13:03. Reason: double posted
    "The next time I do fight,
    I'll make death love me; for I will contend
    Even with his pestilent scythe."
    Atony & Cleopatra Scene XIII

+ Reply to Thread