Warriors of the world - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warriors of the world

Hello.
    I have been playing warriors sens the dawn of time , back then beasts and deamons , were in the same book as warriors.
    i have aboute 7000 pt warriors and all models u can think aboute (4 dragon ogers , 8 ogers, 3 trolls, 2 spowns, giant, shaggoth, hellcannon. dragon. u)

4000pt deamons ( all greater demons and 3 deamon prinses)

4000pt beasts of chaos.

Me problem is sens the new warriors of chaos book iv been losing heavely dont know what im doing wrong. im facing HE, VC, Empire. and if i dont get shoot down at the hand's of vollyguns and cannons its high elf's ;P i get smasht buy VC. Vc and Empire always go whit units of 30 no less and always max caracters whit max casters. last time i played agens empire i played agenst 3000 pt he uest 4 priest and 1 level 4 metal mage and one lv 2 metal mage. how fun is thet ?;/
    Well if someone have some tactist and tips plz tell me, and If u hade all models what whoud you use ?

i whoud go somthing like :

Lord of khorn,shield jaggurenaout.
    Crimson armoure of dargan(hate killing blows)
    crown of everylasting conquest
    biting blade(for wraith and ghoast's)
    favor of god's

sorserer lv 2
    black thoung

exalted hero (bsb) 50pt items
    Or sorserer lv 2 infrnal puppet.

20 moroders full command MoS (flail, light armoure)
    20 moroders full command MoS ( hand weapon, light armoure shield)
    20 warriors full command MoN( banner of rage)

3 trolls
    1 chariot
    Giant / hellcannon ( same points )
    hellcanon for empire , HE and giant for VC
    2 spowns

i think its like 2000 pt or a bit over.
    so how woud you play? tips , tactics are welcome.
    thx..

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Something that helps me out no end against enpire is my Chaos hounds. These little chaps are there simply to get in the way of their shooting.
    Against Empire hounds will screen your slower foot slogging troops from getting shot to peices. whenr foot soldiers actually get into charge range if you charge a unit of hounds into his detachments at the same time they wont be able to react to help out the 'parent' unit. Leaving your nasty chaos unit to chomp his main unit.
    Hounds are also a cheap way of dealing with artillary aswell. They will easily eat a cannon crew and are about a 3rd of the cost as an empire cannon.

Against Elves they fill the same roll but they're not as great as flanking units as the elves have strike first so don't charge them into the flanks of their elite units. flanks of spearmen they should be alright though so charge them in when you charge in with the main units.

You're army is lacking alot of fast stuff. personally i'd ditch the trolls and chuck in a unit of knights. that way you can put pressure on your enemy in the first few turns, making charges in the second turn plus with hounds in the flank of the unit the knights are charging, not much will live against that.

If you're going up against Elves I'd chuck in a pair of charriots, these babies will kill anything they hit. Impact hits go before even strikes first so hitting a unit of sword masters with chaos charriots is deffinatly the way to go. Against empire again they're good but watch out for cannons.

Hope that helps
    Last edited by Lord Borak; January 28th, 2009 at 11:14.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It moast defenetly thos. i edmit thet i have underestemated hounds , so i will moast defenetly try it .. and kick the trolls / spowns for knights

thx

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

Bringing a scroll caddy will help against all that magic. (sorcerer with 2 dispel crolls)
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

Another thing that I have found to be invaluable against warmachines/scouts/fast cavalry is either a DP or an Exalted hero on a disc. These both make for excellent hunters with their flying movement.

The DP also doubles as a great terrorbomb if it has Diabolic Splendour.
    "I am the architect of fate!"

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

Tzeentch exalted champ on disc with golden eye of tzeentch is a very nasty warmachine hunter. 3+ ward save against any type of missile.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    83 (x2)

The guy's above have it pegged.

1) KNIGHTS! These guys are fast, insane in combat and beautiful minis to boot.
    2) You definitely require some additional magic defense.
    3) Character on a Disc. I'm hard pressed NOT to include one in every list I build. They're just too damn useful, especially in an army with no other fliers to speak of.

Hounds are great as well, as borak has suggested. Even without Khorne units to screen (though your Jug could use the help), they're great at absorbing first round shooting/magic and/or marchblocking and harassing warmachines and solo Wizards. So cheap, so useful, so fast.

Same can be said of Marauder Horsemen. They're another must-take unit for me. Fast cavalry have won me many a game, especially in low point scenarios, and our Horsemen are some of the best fast cav in WHFB. Plump your list with some reliable speed (Warhounds, Horsemen, Knights) and you'll be laughin'.
    Last edited by Dfred; January 28th, 2009 at 17:40.
    The Blessed of the Four
    By the pricking of my thumbs,
    Something wicked this way comes.

+ Reply to Thread