Mixing marks...? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mixing marks...?

Hey everybody. I've been rummaging together an army list, and I've been doing so under the assumption that you can't have models with different marks in the same unit... but I can't seem to find anything in the book that specifically states this rule, with the exception of the italicized text under chariots concerning that characters riding them can't have a separate mark from the chariot. Am I just blind, or did they leave this out of the new codex? Apologies if this has already been mentioned elsewhere, but in my search I didn't find anything that answered my question....

does this mean the gods have gotten over their previous feuds to the point that you can actively put characters with different marks into units not bearing their mark- as in Tzeench sorcerers hiding in units of nurgle warriors... and the like? If this is true, I'm going to have a very different army than originally planned.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, my local GW Redshirt was specifically speaking about hiding Tzeentch Sorcerers in Nurgle Units. I've always operated that way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    205 (x7)

Indeed, that is true. Marks can be mixed at will, bar the Chariot you mentioned. Magic items that are associated with a god, can also go to a model with a different mark to that god. The list became more like Daemons, where mixed armies are possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It has definatly made the chaos force even more nasty to fight with as you can come up with some horrible combo's. But there is nothing stopping you from using the same marked characters in the same marked unit, but you can make some really nasty units who just walk over everything!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

Am i the only old fart who prefers the older system of unmutable gods?
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, I really like the idea of mono God lists, but now you're somewhat gimping yourself if you do.

I'm not saying you can't make a competitive mono god list, but there's no such thing as a mono god list that couldn't be improved via adding something else. My all Tzeentch list would certainly be much better if I marked two of my Knights units Nurgle and one of them Khorne.

My favorite way of doing Chaos was in the 4th Edition Marine codex in 40k. Big, noticeable advantages for specializing your army/characters, a way to go Undivided if you wanted... Loved that.

Also, Tzeentch Sorcerer with Collar of Khorne? WTF? Or a Khorne Lord with Whip of Subversion? I hate that crap, I really, really do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think one of the best things about Chaos is the old inner conflict between the gods. I'd love to field a purely tzeench or slaanesh army.

I agree that there's something innately wrong with Tzeench sorcerers running around with brass collars.... but I think the issue there lies more in poor naming choices than it does in the actual spirit of the chaos gods. I'd like to think there are plenty of fluffy reasons for giving a character killing blow without having to say he's literally swinging an axe blessed by Khorne. It seems most of the rules in the new WoC book have been veiwed exclusively as rules at the expense of some arguably more fluffy bits.

I suppose thats the reason I started this thread. It just feels icky to put characters in units that they don't seem to belong in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x7)

I dont believe in putting sorcerers in any combat unit. Combat units need to go into combat, simple. Chaos characters all have to challenge, be they champions or sorcerers. And our sorcerers do not exell at combat. If they go up against a character-killer hero or lord they are toast. Therefore the Tzeentchian sorcerers are the best because they're so extremely mobile on their discs and can keep a very safe distance to anyone with nasty swords. The next best sorcerers are nurglitch ones because of Buboes.
    "The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x3)

lol I actually prefer the 5th edition way. With retinues..
    A character with a mark must have marked (same as hero) retinue (units) worth equal or greater points.
    But thats kind of hard with the current c/s/r thing.
    My WoC assembly/paint log! check it out. UPDATED 03-11-'11!
    Check out my guide on how to make Treekin.
    Please feel free to correct my spelling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    83 (x2)

I'm new to Chaos in 7th edition, but I'm a Warhammer veteran. I've always loved Chaos and their models, but I'm absolutely allergic to being pigeonholed. During my period of indecision (choosing a new army), the lifted restriction on mixed marks ultimately sealed the deal for me in favor of WoC. I realize many of the old guard dislike the change (some hate it intensely), but I love it! I guess being a noob helps in this regard. I possess no allegience to the old fluff. I see naught but vast potential.
    The Blessed of the Four
    By the pricking of my thumbs,
    Something wicked this way comes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast