Vilitch vs. Lvl 4 Lord - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x2)

Vilitch vs. Lvl 4 Lord

Ok for my magic list I am debating using either a lvl 4 sorcerer lord or Vilitch in my lord slot. Vilitch is god because he knows all 6 spells and has that special rule. But a Lord can make use of golden eye of tzeench for protection, disk to fly, Skull Homunculus, and so on. Lords seem to be able to be cusomized more and easier to protect.

Is Vvilitch's special rule worth it or should I stick to gearing up a Lord?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x3)

I would say it depends on the other characters you're using.
    If you already have a disc-caster in your ranks and already found a place for items such as Homunculus, roar, infernal puppets etc. then by all means take Vilitch (if you and your opponents don't mind special characters)
    My WoC assembly/paint log! check it out. UPDATED 03-11-'11!
    Check out my guide on how to make Treekin.
    Please feel free to correct my spelling.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

To be honest, Build both and try them out, The best way to see how they work is to play test them.
    I did the same thing with Festus, I couldn't decide to take him OR alevel 2 nurgle one. I did find the Power stone he was carrying more useful though. But you never know, at least i've got the choice.

At 3000pts you can take both and see what horridness you can do with both lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would have to say that Vilitch is the better of the two his special rule is very handy and him having pandioum is the one that's going to cause your enemy the most problem. and his special rule makes it really easy to get off the infertal gateway so you can make the enemy burn through there dispel scrolls very easily.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gave Villitch a try for one game. I think that the psychological effect on my opponent of giving power die to a Lv4 Tzeench Sorceror was benefit enough. I'd never seen someone think and re-think throwing dispel die so much. It is too bad that he isn't a little more rounded out. I'd pay a few more points to give him some powers rivaling that damned Teclis......

+ Reply to Thread