Another nasty thing. Slaaneshi LD Abuse - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x5)

Another nasty thing. Slaaneshi LD Abuse

Right, just another nasty thing I felt I wanted to put up. This is a useless tactic against Immune to Psychology armies, so don't use it against things like Daemons, Vampires, or Forest Spirits. However, the tactic is:

Take a Slaaneshi Sorcerer Lord w/Diabolic Splendour
    2 Slaaneshi Sorcerers, take the spell familiar and pray for Hellshriek
    Exalted Hero with Doom Totem
    2 Hellcannons

Then just march forward and spam Hellshriek until the tumbleweeds rolling. Obviously this tactic is very selective, and will probably only work if you get hellshriek on 2+ of your sorcerers (quite likely) but when it does work, well it's quite brutal really. Placing your BSB on a hill is nasty. It's not quite like Slaaneshi Daemons where one unit is at about -7 LD, but rather the whole enemy army has to take multiple panic checks at a smaller leadership penalty. However, even if you don't roll Shriek on any of your sorcerers, your army should still be able to function. As everything is quite useful (barring the helcannons... this is the only role I can see for them, they're too expensive) in a normal list as well as used like this.

Just putting this up here. I think it could be really nasty against things like empire gunlines, who start very close to the boardedge. March up and laugh as they flee.

=]

omgitsduane:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Archnomad
    Well I picked up my first model when I was 7.

I misunderstood that... ALOT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

war-machine crews are immune to psychology, so it won't work very well against empire or dwarf gun lines, we've talked about this tactic combo here before minus the hell-shriek idea, the major risk you run with a list like this is coming up against a tomb king, vampire counts or lizard-men army in any tourney and getting walked all over because your magic and panic inducing army ain't that scary after all =P
    Last edited by Hurtinator; February 9th, 2009 at 02:59.
    Chaos Warriors (2009) 16-4-9

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

Are you sure warmachine crews are ITP? I don't have my book on me, so you may be right. However, I don't think you are, since they can flee from charges. All I do know is dwarf artillery are stubborn, but beyond that I think everyone else is normal.

I also tried the lvl4 slaanesh mage on dragon with diabolic splendor and heelshriek combo. It got a hyrda to panic off the table, but like stated above, once you run into anyone that is ITP, you're nice expensive combo becomes next to useless. Lore of slaanesh isn't that great.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seriously... why do I think up these weird rules!? I looked it up and...you are correct, war machine crews are effected by psychology just like everyone else. I don't know why I thought they wouldn't be, on the bright side I get to tell the local dwarf player he's been doing it wrong (I figured he knew what he was talking about-big mistake lol) by playing them as ITP.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Dwarf war machine crew have special rules. They are stubborn. Also they can't flee a charge or pursue a fleeing enemy. They can pay for a rune that makes them unbreakable. But they can panic and suffer from fear, barring the unbreakable rune.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

The only reason I know that is because when I first started playing WHFB I got some dwarfs and this guy I know told me how much nicer dwarf crew where than normal crew because of their special rules. After looking them up, I thought it over hyped them. Stubborn is nice, but its nothing special for 3 easy to kill guys.

But yeah, over the last few weeks I've seen a few more dwarf players in my club and for some reason everyone wants to play the crew as ITP. Maybe its an older version rule I don't know about?
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they cant't flee a charge, what if they fail a terror or fear test on a charge, I'd assume they can still flee in that case?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Hurtinator View Post
    they cant't flee a charge, what if they fail a terror or fear test on a charge, I'd assume they can still flee in that case?
    Yes, they'd still flee.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

+ Reply to Thread