Marking Warriors - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which Mark makes Warriors best.

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Warriors are best cheap, so I keeps them unmarked

5 16.13%
  • Mark of Nurgle

13 41.94%
  • Mark of Khorne

4 12.90%
  • Mark of Tzeentch

3 9.68%
  • Mark of Slaanesh

6 19.35%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x7)

Marking Warriors

I put this poll up because I want some statistics on peoples thoughts about which Mark they think is best. This isn't about your favourite Mark in terms of playstyle, fluff or your specific armys composition, but just which mark you think makes the Warriors best.

"The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't play Warriors. They are cool, fluff and all, its just that all-cav Chaos seems more intriguing to me.

Anywho, I'd like my troops to be able cope and face psychological units, so I'll say Mark of Slaanesh. It's relatively cheap and gives you Itp with option to flee. Being immune to panic, fear, and terror is invaluable if you ask me.

Mark of Nurgle gives plenty of protection but it can be a point sink imo. Better spend those points on Special choice or magic items. This also applies to Mark of Khorne. Mark of Tzeentch ... that 6+ ward save is just not worth it. Except if you give them Raptorous Banner, which furthers them being a point sink.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

225 (x7)

I'm torn between the Mark of Khorne and the Mark of Nurgle. They cost the same and are the most expensive of the four marks. I like the extra attack that the Warriors get from Frenzy and the fact that they're immune to Panic, Fear and Terror. But do we need that extra offensive power? They do get hard o control.
    I finally went for the Mark of Nurgle. I want my Warriors to survive, both in combat and from missile fire. The Mark of Nurgle help with that. After all they already got 2 attacks each.
    "The more choices you force the opponent to make, the better the chance for you to capitalize on his mistakes"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's exactly my thought process, warriors are usually my bunker (hide my lord in them) unit anyways so they are using ld 9 on their tests, I put mark of slaanesh on my marauder units but warriors don't tend to run away quite as often. I think the -1 to BS for shooting is really where this mark helps us, as the -1 to WS isn't enough to have them hitting on 5's as it doesn't make a big enough gap, I think marks are very situational as well, if I was playing against dwarves I'd definetly go nurgle, If I played against VC's I might be tempted to go slaanesh.
    Chaos Warriors (2009) 16-4-9

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

225 (x7)

Against VC I would take Khornate warriors with additional hand weapons. Their frenzy gives them both immunity to fear and an extra attack. VC troops have low T but very high static CR. So only way well beat them is to kill as many as possible, and with 4 attacks per man and better initiative we have a good chanse to butcher ourselves free.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    83 (x2)

I'm on the fence between Slaanesh and Nurgle. I mean, ItP for only 10 points? That's just awesome. However, I voted for Nurgle. -1 BS/-1 WS is just too good. It has saved my bacon several times, tipping the balance in favor of my Warriors versus elites. Slaanesh is just awesome, but it's somewhat more situation. With the army wide panic test re-rolls, it really comes down to loving the immunity to Fear/Terror. That said, it's close. If I could vote for both, I would.

I love me some Khorne, but the loss of control is a big downside (though it can be mitigated through canny use of screening units and other tricks).

Tzeentch? Great mark, but only in combination with other factors (existing ward save, Blasted Standard, caster character to benefit from the +1, etc).
    The Blessed of the Four
    By the pricking of my thumbs,
    Something wicked this way comes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x2)

I think khorne causes a big lack of control which can hurt you. Nurgle is nice but it is a pretty big point sink for a unit. Since I am not a huge marauder user right now I mainly run warriors as my standard infantry. Nurgle does give em a good survivability but I save that for scarier units that will draw more fire like my knights/chosen. MoT is pretty useless on warriors too imo. My choice would either be unmarked or MoS. MoS if you are going against a heavy fear/psych army. I know khorne does it too but due to my lack of game experience I'd like to keep it simple at first and keep control over my army. Although I am trying frenzied knights but should be fine.

So ya I say for the most part I go unmarked. Gives more points for more things on the table and with bigger, nastier things on the table other than generic warriors, I debate how much bow attention they will recieve.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I'll use Slaanesh if I follow through with building the army I have in mind. I attend a lot of GTs and local tourneys. The number of demon and VC armies out there demand attention. Slaanesh is even better than Immune to Psych as you get the benefits but can still flee with them as a charge response. You might kill a lot of undead but once they've got your flank, rear, and a nasty unit or character in the mix, you can still lose to combat res and autobreak.

Otherwise, I'd go Nurgle but Nurgle is really only best in the shooting phase. That -1 to hit is huge, but in combat, you'd need to drop a unit to WS2 before it hits you on 5's. Against something like Empire or Skaven, that's fine. But for lots of units, you drop them to 4 or 3 and they're still hitting on 4's. A hero at WS 6 going to 5 is nice, but it's a lot of points to pay to drop one model's WS.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    83 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidVC04 View Post
    Otherwise, I'd go Nurgle but Nurgle is really only best in the shooting phase. That -1 to hit is huge, but in combat, you'd need to drop a unit to WS2 before it hits you on 5's. Against something like Empire or Skaven, that's fine. But for lots of units, you drop them to 4 or 3 and they're still hitting on 4's. A hero at WS 6 going to 5 is nice, but it's a lot of points to pay to drop one model's WS.
    True, but I also look at it the other way. A lot of elite units out there have WS5. This drops them to WS4, allowing us to hit them on 3+. Then you've also got the WS6 dropping to 5 scenario you mentioned. Either way, it's nice. Of course, there's also the overall sweetness of severely gimping anything with WS3 or lower. Yay! Nurgle is only really wasted on WS4 units (admittedly, there are quite a few), or those WS7 or higher.
    Last edited by Dfred; February 9th, 2009 at 20:01.
    The Blessed of the Four
    By the pricking of my thumbs,
    Something wicked this way comes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

225 (x7)

I agree with Dfred here and have actually never though on the prospect of them hitting us but more at us hitting them.

But can we combine marks?
    Say I got a unit of Nurglitch Warriors with an Exalted Champion of Slaanesh. The Champion will be protected by the units Mark of Nurgle, but will the unit inherit the immunities the Champion have.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast