Librarium Online Forums banner

Hellcannon Loses Crew

674 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Dfred 
#1 ·
If a hellcannon loses the crew, I assume it makes a monster reaction test. Now, if the hellcannon gains stupidity, how does that interact with rampage? My WoC opponent and I decided to have the hellcannon test for stupidity and move forward if he fails, then test for rampage and move forward if he fails. Do we have this wrong? I haven't personally read the rules, I took my opponent's word at face value, but I'm still wondering.

Thanks, Zeuy

#3 ·
If you're wondering what it's supposed to do then (if not a monster reaction test), it's this:

The Helcannon unit has to make a Ld test start of every turn to check for rampage. In the latest army book that simply means you can use the Ld of the dwarves, as long as the crew is alive. If they're not, odds are you will fail the Ld test, since then you use the HC Ld.

If you've used the HC during the last edition when it was first introduced, it takes some getting used to the difference in rampage.

#4 · (Edited)
I thought the monster reaction chart was only for monsters with riders ...? The Hellcannon itself has a built in reaction: Rampage. Without the crew, it's damn near guaranteed to go bonkers. I don't have my BRB with me, but I do not recall the monsters with handlers rules (found in the Skirmisher section) stating that a roll on the reaction chart is required following the loss of the handlers. I could be wrong, though.

#6 ·
Immune to Psychology does not grant excemption from stupidity.

Monsters with Handlers take a monster reaction if all their handlers are killed.

I would probably go with the Rampage is the exception idea, and follow the rampage rules instead of taking a monster reaction test, even though it isn't clear (but making 2-3 different tests sounds even sillier)

#7 · (Edited)
Monsters with Handlers take a monster reaction if all their handlers are killed.
I keep hearing this (along with said monsters not being able to test on the General's Ld), but I cannot find mention of it in the BRB. I checked the 7th edition Monsters with Handlers rules last night and found no such stipulation. The monster reaction chart is only mentioned with regard to monstrous mounts with slain riders. Is it army book specific? Does the army list entry for Salamanders, for instance, state that they must take a monster reaction test?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.