Lore of Slaanesh - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    83 (x2)

Lore of Slaanesh

There's a lot of love on the forum for both the Lore of Nurgle (Buboes and Leper) and Tzeentch (for obvious reasons), but you rarely see mention of Slaanesh beyond Hellshriek spam paired with Doom Totem, Diabolic Splendour, etc. Has anyone successfully run a list showcasing Slaaneshi magic? What devious uses can you fathom, powerful applications that might convince someone to consider the Lore of Slaanesh before Nurgle and Tzeentch?

Last edited by Dfred; February 13th, 2009 at 02:16.
    The Blessed of the Four
    By the pricking of my thumbs,
    Something wicked this way comes.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love slaaneshi magic, but I always seem to be getting put up against ItP lists lately, so it has been irking me some what. Especially now that Titillating delusions doesn't work agains't ItP units like it used to. The 1st spell can be somewhat useful and the 6th spell is awsome, but the rest tend to fall flat when playing undead (arg so many vampire counts) or other ItP armies. Against just about everything else it is awsome though.

Delusions is great for ruining enemy firing, as is the hysterical frenzy + Warhound trick. Aura of Aquiescence on a unit of chaos knights gives you a handy terror causer. Ecstatic seizures is great on most knights, and infact most units.
    I could see a lvl 4 Daemon Prince of Slaanesh causing absolute havok around ld 7 units. But against some armies he'll have trouble making his points back.
    Everything is better with smut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Much love because...

I just started a WoC army (I'm roughly at 1750 pts). Slannesh is great because... it's much less points in a small game (1500 or less). The magic is still a lot better than the unmarked ones, and, IMHO, all of the spells are worth it. The magic missile is the weakest of the three chaos magics, but, other than that, they're great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's simply because ITP negates pretty much all of slaanesh magic, so against TK or the like, it's a total waste of points, plus nothing feels better then getting a strength 12 gateway off on a full unit of something big and nasty, hehehehehehehehe.
    Chaos Warriors (2009) 16-4-9

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

I run a single lvl4 caster. Only 6 power dice. Then take a spell familiar and a dispel scroll. then I have 5 of the 6 spells. Then I throw 5 dice on the spell I really want. Opponents don't dare to throw more then 5 or 6 dispel (if they have them) in fear of a double 1. I get my spells of frequent. The favorite is Estatic Seizure. It will destroy units of zombies, horrors (with 4+ward saves), plague bearers or anything low toughness. But frenzy (on both friendly and opponent units) is awesome too.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

When the new book came out i did a 2k list and had a level 2 for each lore just to try them out. I must confess i was not overly impressed by the slaaneshi magic. It's not as easy to use as Tzeentch magic. Slaanesh magic you need to use in combination with other things.

The No1 spell to slow a unit down, pretty useless untill you start outmanuvering units for flank charges etc then it gets usefull,
    Hellshriek is alright, it's disgusting when used with the Doom Totem.
    The Making a unit frenzied. Cast than on the enemy, bait them and force them to charge so you can position his unit up for a flank charge, and because he's frenzied wont be able to flee as a reaction.
    As for the rest they're pretty self explanetory really.

You've got to be clever with the slaanesh magic, and unfortunatly thats where i fall down. I like big explosions, bright colours and crayons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

96 (x1)

You really need to have a lvl 4 sorcerer for the Slaanesh lore (and a spell familiar) to make sure you have access to most of the spells.

Against ItP army you still have lash, hysteric frenzy and ecstatic seizures. Casting hysterical frenzy on your chaos knights or warriors just before combat is very effective (and you can end the frenzy whenever you want). You can even cast it on trolls (and suddenly stupidity is not a big problem) or warhounds like Decadence said (thanks! did not thought of that one) or dragon ogres! Lash of Slaanesh should also be effective against Undead and Deamons since they have a lot of T3 units (and ecstatic seizures even more). Even aura of acquiescence is still useful since you force the enemy to make a LD before hitting you (most daemons unit have Ld7 and undead even lower)! A Varghulf without his commander is LD4 and Blood knights are LD7 (of course the Vampire Lord has a LD10, but the Vampire hero has LD7).

I would personally combine my lvl 4 Slaanesh sorcerer with a lvl 2 undivided (or Nurgle). Thus if I face ItP army I have more spell possibilities.
    Last edited by dapredator66; February 13th, 2009 at 00:12.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

83 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvester View Post
    I run a single lvl4 caster. Only 6 power dice. Then take a spell familiar and a dispel scroll. then I have 5 of the 6 spells. Then I throw 5 dice on the spell I really want. Opponents don't dare to throw more then 5 or 6 dispel (if they have them) in fear of a double 1. I get my spells of frequent. The favorite is Estatic Seizure. It will destroy units of zombies, horrors (with 4+ward saves), plague bearers or anything low toughness. But frenzy (on both friendly and opponent units) is awesome too.
    Aren't you afraid of a miscast, tossing 5 dice with no Tendrils?
    The Blessed of the Four

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

Might be worthwhile to take the gift of the gods that lets you use enemy spells. So if you come up against say a daemon army, you still got access to spells like flickering fire. Or a Vampire that knows the entire lore. Specially if they pick metal to counter your knights you just use his metal spells back against his bloodknights.

Then against armies that aren't ItP, you just unleash with slaanesh spells.

Wouldn't you love danse's macabre on your chaos knights? Or Boon of tzeentch? Heck, bolt of change is just as good. You turn your slaanesh daemon prince into a mini-lord of change that can use tendrils.
    Last edited by Pinkus; February 13th, 2009 at 01:24.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

83 (x2)

Damn. Good idea, Pinkus!
    The Blessed of the Four