Tzeentch Exalted on Disk, Equipment - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tzeentch Exalted on Disk, Equipment

I think a Tzeentch Exalted Champion could be pretty amazing to use. From the games I have used my two Sorcerers on disks, I realized that a Exalted Champion would have some good opportunities to rock it up. Any ideas on how to equip this guy?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends on how you want to use him.

Shield and Flail combo is *almost* mandatory for Exalteds on Disc. They're cheap and useful.

Shield, Flail, BSB, Banner of the Gods is the emerging trend. You'll have a flying, terror-causing BSB that can grant Stubborn to units who need it most. He also has S7 and AS2+ so he can fly around hitting warmachines and chariots while he's at it.

Shield, Axe of Khorne, Favor combo is theoretically great on paper. With S6 KB he can make quick work of other hero level characters and warmachines.

Shield, Flail, Golden Eye, Book of Secrets combo is great for support caster while he's out hunting warmachines. Add Bloodcurdling Roar to him then he can also shoot to soften his victims before going in for the kill.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

Shield, Flail, BSB, Banner of the Gods is the emerging trend. You'll have a flying, terror-causing BSB that can grant Stubborn to units who need it most. He also has S7 and AS2+ so he can fly around hitting warmachines and chariots while he's at it.
    That's how I've run him the last 4 games or so. He's just godly. I can probably make an arguement where him making units stubborn (and rerollable at that) has saved me the game for all 4 games. Him being a terror causers has affected any game yet.

You also can't deny a flying character with str7 is incredibly useful.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkus View Post
    That's how I've run him the last 4 games or so. He's just godly. I can probably make an arguement where him making units stubborn (and rerollable at that) has saved me the game for all 4 games. Him being a terror causers has affected any game yet.

You also can't deny a flying character with str7 is incredibly useful.
    I've been thinking about this, and am unable to find which part of the rules enables the BSB to grant rerollable stubborn. Is it because of the Will of Chaos rule?
    Currently building my poor-hammer WoC army.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

the banner makes all units within 6" stubborn, the bsb allows units within 12" to reroll break tests.

You'd still have to be immune to fear to keep from breaking to outnumber and fear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rerollable

Yup. It's simply because he's the Battle standard bearer, which allows breaks tests re-roll
    Last edited by Coorran; February 12th, 2009 at 16:01. Reason: Other post as i was writing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forgot the BSB rule due to my lack of fielding him on the table. My bad. Thanks for the clear up!
    Currently building my poor-hammer WoC army.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

And since the knights and dragon ogres cause fear, you only ever have to worry about autobreaking against terror causers, but you shouldn't be outnumbered by them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you want to upgrade to a lord, heres a nasty setup,

lord of tzeentch on disc, with chaos deamonsword, collar of khorne, shield and word of agony,

2+ armor save 5+ ward save, mr(2), up to 10 str 8 attacks at ws8 and up to 6 str4 hits with no armor saves allowed, flying, fear causing, GG!
    Chaos Warriors (2009) 16-4-9

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

279 (x7)

Except theres a huge chance you will put 1-2 wounds on yourself every combat phase

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast