Magic Defense - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Magic Defense

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x2)

Magic Defense

Ok most of the all-comer tourny lists I've made that dont really use magic have just inclded a single scroll caddy. Many people say that a foot slogger army can be destroyed by a heavy magic list when only having a single scroll caddy to defend.

Is it worth taking more magic defense. It seems like two caddies could really stop a magic heavy list and make it not very effective at all. But taking another caddie would be a waste to non magic armies.

So for a tourny list is it better to have more magic defense or better to take the minimum and hope you catch games where you dont get spanked by 10+ power dice?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few choice magic items and character placements can greatly increase your magic defense. Do not underestimate the benefit of MR. Also another avenue I have been trying out lately is actually using Hell cannons as a kind of active magic defense. Due to it being a Large Target you can aim to pie plate almost anywhere on the field of battle, including on top of a wizard's head. Two Scroll caddies seems a -bit- over kill, but that is just my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    96 (x1)

I would go for one scroll caddy (and MR) or go for the equivalent of 6lvl of magic. Having something in between will not be cost efficient.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

2 caddies cost, what, 270 points. Thats very cheap. You'll have 4 dispel dice and 4 scrolls. That should last you 2, if not 3 turns. If you're hoofing it, you'll need that. Now if the rest of your army is close combat oriented, there's not many people out there that can still take you out. You'll just have to worry about shooty armies.

I played against a Bretonnian player with 2 caddies. It was brutal. I barely won, but it wasn't because of my magic.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

+ Reply to Thread