Custom Hellcannon - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Custom Hellcannon

Well I decided I don't like the hellcannon miniature much, partially due to the fact that it is half a tonne of metal. So I went and built some strange contraptions out of a spare soulgrinder and other bits. Still need to greens up some muscle or other texture to fill the gaps and make it a bit mroe daemonic.

Let me know what you think.

IMGP2588.jpg

IMGP2590.jpg

IMGP2589.jpg

Everything is better with smut

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

I personally like it. It makes it fit into the monster and handler roll better.

Actually, I really like it. I love the hell cannon model, but I can see that thing on a field of battle truely striking terror into the hearts of our enemies!

Might be better to try and make the hydraulics look like muscles so it doesn't look so futuristic or mechanical.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice work

I personally like it too. The only reserve I have is that it "feels" a little too modern, too "edgy". Round up some angles maybe, or add retro looking parts. For instance, dwarves have technology based weapons, and, yet, those weapons don't "feel" like they're modern.

Still, good work! I'm always in favor of custom made weaponry; it helps an army have a personal touch.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Rep to you sir!!
    I've been looking for ideas for a hellcannon and you've helped me out no end

I think i prefer yours to the GW hellcannon lol. Yeah I'd add some organic touches to it, and maybe some screamin faces coming out of the metal plates, they're pretty easy to do
    Buy some Jewlry chain and whack some of that in there, make it look like the chaos dwarfs have to chain the bugger up when he's not in battle.
    Last edited by Lord Borak; February 14th, 2009 at 16:48.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am actually tempted to have daemonette crew holding chains or some such, given the fact that they act more like handlers. Maybe if I am feeling particularly silly, have the chains attatch via magnets

The hydraulic rams and such, I am thinking of covering with muscle, similar to the two different limbs on the soul grinder kit. The cables will probably need to be snipped off.
    Everything is better with smut

+ Reply to Thread