Scroll caddie or no magic resistance in tournament - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scroll caddie or no magic resistance in tournament

Hi,

Do you think it would be a very bad idea to go in a 2500pts tournament with absolutly no magic resistance or just one scroll caddie? .... And a fully equiped Lord on dragon? I know this is a very noobish dream but i often see stardragon on the table and i wonder if a chaos dragon worth the sinkpoint it seems to be.

I know that Tz magic seems powerful and a PD with tentacls would be much impressive, but a chaos lord on a two headed dragon is a very cool model.
    The problem is that it serverly limit my other characters choice.

Will i be disapointed?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

I wouldn't do it. There's several spells that make your dragon unable to do much of anything. As you know, once the dragon is nullified, the rest of your smallish army can be whooped up on. You could always put the collar of Khorne on your dragon though. There are other ways of bolstering magic defense than just taking scrolls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play with one or two scroll caddies every game. in most games they hold off the enemy magic just enough to let me get to their mages or get into hand to hand where magic is must less effective. I think that the lord on the dragon would be more suited for 3000pts+. thats not to say I wouldn't run him. If you do run the dragonlord you will be limited on characters but you can almost take any thing straight up, ranks standard and everything else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x2)

Ok here is another question to add to the magic defense topic. A common set up is to use 6 lvls of magic (lvl four MoT and lvl two MoN)

That is 5 dispel dice and maybe one scroll. Why is that ok for magic defense but two scroll caddies (4 dispel dice and 4 scrolls) seem to be considered not enough at times?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 dispell scrolls is NEVER not enough.
    Chaos Warriors (2009) 16-4-9

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never heard of two scroll caddies as not enough (in under 3000pts). In fact, that's how I'm going to do if I decided to run a combat heavy WoC army. 4 DDs and 4 scrolls, thats more than enough for the first 2 turns as I set up charges.

Six levels of magic or more is more of "offense is the best defense".
    Last edited by Black_katZ; February 17th, 2009 at 08:56.
    Currently building my poor-hammer WoC army.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

Yeah, if you're spending points on 6 levels of magic and get 5 dispel dice and a scroll, well you can't really afford to add in a caddy too.

If you don't have magic defense, they'll do those spells that make dragons not want to move. Happened to my friend last tournament(Dogs of war). His lvl4 wizard died and the rest of the game his dragon was forced to not move.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

+ Reply to Thread