Bound Magic Items - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bound Magic Items

I have a few extra points to spend on my army list and I had some questions about some of the magic bound items. I only have a few games under my belt so I'm still learning alot as I go. One of the items I'm looking at is Banner of Wrath. Can I use this item once per Magic Round, or does it have one use and then it's caput? What does it mean by power level 4 and do i have to roll to see if it hits? Does my opponent do a dispel test?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You may use it each magic phase - treat it exactly like you just cast a spell with a result of 4 on the dice.
    Trust in your core choices - love them, hate them, wish them dead to clear charges, but remember that come end they will pull off a miracle for you.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

A 'bound level' is basically what your opponent needs to stop the 'spell' with his dispel dice. So a 4 or higher for the banner. otherwise he'll take d6 strength 4 hits. (hits meaning no roll to hit)

The rod of Torment is bound level 3 so he'd have to roll a 3 or higher and so on.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strategy

A few quick tips!

I'm learning too, at the moment. Banner of wrath is good for killing of a few models in a weak (unarmored) unit, and maybe cause a panic test. It is also good to force your opponent to keep his dispel dice in reserve (for him, it pretty much means you have 1 more power die).

Also, remember that you don't have to reveal which magic banner a unit is carrying until you use it (correct me if I'm wrong). So, in the first friendly magic phase, you should be able to cast it without opposition (if your opponent emptied his dispel pool).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great, thanks for all the quick answers to my questions!

+ Reply to Thread