Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Give us a list of your top ten things you would not leave the chaos wastes without when leading you chaos worshipers to war for me they are the following:
1.Book of secrets and power familiar combo (you can give a level 2 sorcerer the same power dice as a level 4!)
2. Chaos warhounds- Cheap, cheerful and add much needed bulk
3. Chaos Knights- Have the reputation for the best knights in the game for a reason
4. Marks of tzeentch, nurgle and slaanesh- make your troops tougher against shooting and harder to break.
5. Chaos Chariots- Ask yourself this what is better a unit of 15 chaos warriors with shields and command for 270pts or 2 chaos chariots for 240pts for me i replace 1 unit of chaos warriors for chariots against (almost) all oponents.
6. Armour of Damnation- awesome defence item considering chaos characters high WS and it can be combined to make the character nereby impossible to hit or in use for a balanced character.
7. Chaos spawn- against shooty armies these are a royal painj in the wotsit they are umbreakable and if they do get into combat with something with s3 then you can just sit back and enjoy your oponent either stressing over he's nice big unit of e.g. swordsman being tied up by your spawn and either redirecting something to kill it or face the fact he will be tied up for a while either way you win but please note i dont take it against armies with mainly s4 but in a tournament they are allways useful additions.
8. Dispel scrolls- always useful even against magic light armies as i have highly unreliable luck so to have some certainties is useful.
9. Marauder horsemen- Chaos lack skirmishers and hounds are cheap but these guys have the valuable fast cavalry special rule and for baiting and manouvering these guys are a must.
10. Finaly at number 10 is a rock solid leader this can be either of these a chaos lord built for blitzing or kholek suneater to be the hammer blow for my army.
Comments on my 10 and your own list would be great.
1. Chaos Knights - my bread and butter portion of the army. Never leave home without them.
2. Chaos Warhounds - ensures other expensive units are spared from getting Swiss-cheesed by getting shot first.
3. Sorcerer(s) - no matter what my mood and army style, I'd never leave home without a single Sorcerer handy.
4. Disk Riders - I highly prefer mobile army than tough foot-sloggers. Disks perfectly grants me tactical variety as it enables Flying for characters. Now my characters can lead and fight with high mobility.
5. Dispel Scroll - anything to stop the opponent's magic is awesome in my book.
6. Dragon Ogres - love these guys. They are my anvil unit in my main heavy-cavalry army.
7. Golden Eye of Tzeentch - to avoid my Disk Riders getting shot off.
8. Marauder Horsemen - the only core choice that has more than M6. Though fragile they offer the army mobility and some amount of hurt. Especially when they are MoK+Flails.
9. Flails - anyone who can wield flails, wields flails. Cheap and hurtful. Get yours now.
10. [Enchanted] Shields - extra protection on the move never hurts.
Well my main army is nothing amazing but hopefully can bring on a tough fight to any army
Currently building my poor-hammer WoC army.
1) Knights - scary stuff, one of the top heavy cavalry units (knights of the realm are the other contenders)
2) Warhounds - screens
3) Daemon Prince - useful for terror and magic
4) Marauders - cheap, cheerful
5) Marauder horsemen
6) Sorcerors - nurgle, tzeentch - plague squall and gateway
1. Knights, not because they're good, but because they LOOK awesome (especially the old metal model).
2. Hounds. Unit Str.2 at 6 pts!
3. Tzeentch. Disc, a ward save and +1 for casters is just too good.
4. Beefed up characters. Chaos is all about the Power.
5. Sorcerers. Magic is just too much fun to pass.
6. Chosen champion with Favor of the Gods. It allows to get a REALLY awesome advantage everytime.
7. Marauders Horsemen. Redirecting chargers since 1983.
8. Special characters. Their unique abilities tweak the game in a fun way.
9. Standards. Help yourself with a +1 CR and a magic banner. Always useful.
10. Confidence in my superiority. Mere mortals (or undead) are no match for the cold power of the North.