500 pt game against Dwarfs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

500 pt game against Dwarfs

Hello =]

Today I played WoC for the first time and it was a quick 500 points game against Dwarfs.

My list:

Chaos sorcerer
    Lvl 2

20 marauders
    Shields
    Light armour

5 warhounds

5 knights
    Mark of nurgle

Magic:
    Walking death
    Dark hand of death

His List:

Thane

20 warriors
    Great weapons

10 thunderers

Cannon

I won with a massacre and but lost in the process 3 knights, 4 warhounds and 9 marauders and this was from mostly shooting.

I marched the marauders and warhounds directly at him, put my sorcerer on a hill behind them and sent my knights to get the right flank. His cannon still had LoS and took out 3 knights! I then lost 3 Warhounds from the thunderers but passed my Ld. I charged the cannon crew but lost CR and fleed with 1 WH left. But moved my Marauders closer so next turn he couldnt SaS.

My knights moved through the forest facing the warriors flank. His cannon mis-fired and blew up (luckily) I charged and chased the thunderers off the board in combat and restrained, Marched blocked his warriors with the Socerer (whom i moved up during the turns) and sent my knights closer ready for a charge. Next turn I charged with knights in the front, Sorcerer in the back and rallied my Warhound. Failed charge with the marauders unfortunately. I won combat and overran with the Knights. Game Ended. My magic did very little throughout. The most it did was give my marauders Fear and killed one warrior.

When I had written the list I expected to lose badly..against his normal gunlines he uses. I plan to play a 1k game against him, and I can already predict his list -.- How can WoC avoid all that deadly shooting without losing half the army before I get to him? I was thinking more meatshields such as Warhounds and Marks Of Nurgle wherever I can. That and I'M still confused about sorting out the Marks >.<

Help/Tips is always Appreciated =]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As you said, mark of nurgle all the units you intend to put infront of his ballistic skill based shooting units like Thunderers/Quarrellers , maybe try and squeeze blasted standard/mark of tzeentch on your heaviest unit as it will draw most of the fire, that's a 4+ ward save against any normal/magic missiles.
    Chaos Warriors (2009) 16-4-9

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Have you played any more games, hexx?
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not yet =[
    Finding time is hard, with school and all, and I'm still building my army at the moment. But with a bit of luck this friday should field a game or two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With one level 2 wizard I'm actually surprised you got anything at all off. So good job! As far as dealing with shooting, any fast, cheap unit will disrupt his war machines and tie up his units. Warhounds are a good choice (as long as you being more than 1!), as are Marauder Horsemen. An interesting option is a sorcerer (or unit champion!) with the Book of Secrets - take the first spell, Steed of Shadows, and fling a cheap champion into his warmachines from 20" away. Just be sure to cast it last and draw out his dispel dice.
    Trust in your core choices - love them, hate them, wish them dead to clear charges, but remember that come end they will pull off a miracle for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

You could ditch the sorcerer let him waste time and points on magic defense and just go all out combat with nurgle and tzeentch. Using dogshields you should do well. Well done on the win
    Daemonic cheese-how? Well, you would need to start with daemonic milk, i guess...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Magic

Against Dwarves, follow Yoda's advice: do or do not. You can't just go average. At a 4 dispel dice baseline, they will dispel mostly all you throw at them.

Either don't add a sorcerer to this army, or, go nuts and throw in a Book of Secret or (or even better: and) a power familiar. At 5 (or 6) power dice, you'll have a much better chance of succesfully casting spells.

Combining this with bound spells (banner of wrath) essentially raises the number of your power dice.

You can save point by not marking your sorcerers, too.
    "How do you stop a Chaos Knight from charging? No seriously, HELP!" André le Bouffon, jester of the Bretonnian court - last words.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=raverrn;1385138. Warhounds are a good choice (as long as you being more than 1!), QUOTE]

Sorry for this but i thought i must bring it up (and yes i do realise you will be scanning my ever post in order to contradict me but...) you said "Warhounds
    are a good choice ""S" making it ploral , but then you said (as long as you bring more than 1!) By using a ploral you already made it clear you didn't mean less than two. Sorry i know its pretty sad i patrol forums doing this but i'm pretty bored at the moment. (oh yeah and in a legal battle you coudnt take less than ,5 is it, ?)
    Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think, he was referring to more than one unit....because a unit of five be blown to bits before it can do anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^Dman123has it.^^

A unit of warhounds consists of at least five models, so I must refer to any number of units as 'warhounds', not just two or more.

Also note that it's spelled plural.
    Trust in your core choices - love them, hate them, wish them dead to clear charges, but remember that come end they will pull off a miracle for you.

+ Reply to Thread